Home Assistant Stopped Working / Can't Access Server

Hi,

I had been away for a a few weeks and returned to find that HA automations were not working at my home, so I tried to check the HA app on my phone and it did not connect to the server. This is where it all started.

These are the steps I’ve taken so far:

1. iPhone app comes up with RED warning: Could not connect to the server. NSURLErrorDomain - 1004
  2. The Home link shows WebSocket Disconnected and the “i” shows Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused. (with multiple Retry counts)
  3. I then went onto my laptop and tried to access http://homeassistant.local:8123 but it came up with site can’t be reached (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
  4. Next I tried direct URL e.g. xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8123 - again This site can’t be reached, but this time the error is refused to connect (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)
  5. I rebooted my NUC which HA sits on
  6. Tried all steps above again and same errors

One question I have before closing is: in the phone app, it shows the HA server IP as xxx.xxx.x.141 - this is what I used in step 4 above. But when I check on my router, the NUC is showing as xxx.xxx.x.102 - I tried this for direct access too and this time it comes up with "This site can’t be reached - Took too long to respond.(ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT). Am I correct that the NUC and HA Server have different IP addresses anyway, I can’t remember…

Any suggestions as to next steps please?

Thanks
CG

Can you connect a keyboard and monitor to the NUC to see what is going on?

1 Like

I have this exact same issue now!

Were you able to fix? What was the fix?