Home Assistant Supervised Debian Package

I am happy to announce that version 1.0 of the Home Assistant Supervised Debian package is now live!!!

Over the past month I have been working on converting the existing Home Assistant Supervised Installer into a Debian package in order to make it easier to maintain

I also have a guide which I have been maintaining for a while that has now been updated to include the steps for installing the Debian package:

If you encounter any issues with this new package, please let me know. I am ikifar#7246 over on the Home Assistant Discord and if you would like to help out please let us know in the #devs_supervisor channel

5 Likes

Nice job.
Does this mean the script is now deprecated?

Yes, it has been removed

ok so there is no flag for the machine-type now?

It will prompt you during the install if it can’t auto detect

3 Likes

I’m also worried about the lack of the machine-type flag now. When I first used the script I foolishly omitted it, resulting in a Pi4 arm32 installation instead of a Pi 4 aarch64 one. Could you please elaborate on what exactly the package tries to detect, in order to establish the machine type?

It’s child’s play detecting the architecture vis a simple bash command so I wouldn’t worry about it

Yeah, I just wanted to know if the package actually does that and if all environment variables described in Supervisor update - Home Assistant are properly defined.

Does this mean we can no longer specify the host volume mappings? I guess it can be altered post-install - or will it be overwritten if/when a new update to the .deb package?

This is a supervised installer and you could never specify host volume mappings.

I was curious since the previous supervised installer.sh allowed custom host volume mappings/paths.

Well it must have been hacking the script. I don’t remember that ever being documented…

1 Like

I used this script to install Home assistant on a Bananapi Pro on Armbian OS.

I get no error on the terminal. But HA does not start so in Portainer log for Hassio-supervisor I see the 2 lines repeating.

21-11-23 20:50:30 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/None-homeassistant with tag landingpage.

21-11-23 20:50:31 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/None-homeassistant:landingpage: 400 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=landingpage&fromImage=ghcr.io%2Fhome-assistant%2FNone-homeassistant: Bad Request (“invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase”)

21-11-23 20:50:31 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Fails install landingpage, retry after 30sec

I don’t see the HA welcome page as the homeassistant container is not created.

I am seeing the same error as sjude68 as well. I am not familiar at all with scripting beyond the conceptual level and haven’t much time to delve into this aspect. I hope that news of repair or solution will be posted in this thread soon. I will be watching for it.

Q

The Armbian OS is not supported only stock Debian