Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

No one with any ideas what’s wrong with my network? My Hassio installations can’t access the Internet.
The “homeassistant-home-assistant” container is my old HA docker installation, which is now turned off in Docker.

Do you have your firewall enabled on your Synology? In my case I had to allow the HASSIO ip-addresses to access my Synology in the firewall settings.

Hey Guys
Not sure what I am (or aren’t doing correctly).
I have the latest version of Docker 18.09.0-0506
I have installed Hass.io 20191006-3c5c9bce from the link at the top of this page.
After the install I can’t access HASS by the URL. It is however showing that it is running.
When I check docker there are no containers running but there is 1 image called homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:189.
This is a brand new install of docker, I haven’t altered any settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

No, it’s not enabled. I’ve not had any problems with other Docker containers.

Have a look at the second post in this topic.

@fredrike I want to change the storage folder of the hassio. The best way to do this, is to uninstall the package using the Package Center, and Install again in the right place?

Waiting your feedback.

Thanks, Regards

Not sure if you are having same hassio-supervisor issue I am, but checking the container’s logs it fails on startup every time with:

CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.bootstrap] Can’t find Docker socket!

I can access HASS fine, but not the supervisor sidebar link.

I would say that the easiest way is via ssh and just edit the config file:

sudo vi /var/packages/hassio/target/etc/hassio.json

It might be possible to change the volume mapping of the vscode extension. Or else it is quite straightforward to uninstall and install with a new location.

1 Like

I know what you are saying, that I thought to but for example in hass docker I could not use stream: in configuration.yaml. , my ip camera could not have a live feed but on hass.io docker is working very well.

It’s almost like it is stalling before it even gets to the docket stage. I don’t have any logs or even any containers in docker.

Hello!
Can you tell us how to change the ip’s of the network in docker?

If you mean the hassio network I don’t think it is possible, it is hardcoded into hassio.

Try to uninstall and install again.

My problem is with MQTT broker that I installed from hassio addons.
After that I integrated it with an ip from my local network. But it seems it doesnt work like this.
You have a suggestion how to install and configure an MQTT broker?

If this is the addon I suggest that you ask in the chat (from the badge) they probably can help you. I’m in the process of moving to this addon too but haven’t had time yet. Please report back what you had to do to get things going.

I’ve started getting the following error message:

Invalid config

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

recorder
history
logbook
default-config

The relevant bit of my configuration.yaml file is

default_config:

# Show the introduction message on startup.
# introduction:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
 http:

api_password: !secret http_password
   ip_ban_enabled: True
   login_attempts_threshold: 5

Any suggestions? Thanks

@fredrike, I’m curious if you are using the built-in SQLite db or also using MariaDB with your Synology installation?

Seems like my connectivity problems got resolved by adding 8.8.8.8 as the first DNS entry in my DHCP router settings.

1 Like

API password? Wasn’t that dropped?

I removed that line but the error message remains