Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

Supervisor 2020.11.3 is released, added “ignore” option, someone tryed?

Im only reading this now, I have had th exact same problem (also on he same Synology type). The solution for me was to forcefully stop and start the containers. A “normal” stop didn’t work.
In my case it was caused when I accidentally restarted HA with an invalid HACS integration update.
Maybe this helps anyone?

HA HA, HA HA HA, HA HA HA HA HA…
What a wank. Just bought 420+ mainly to run HA and to have NAS for my missus photos. One stone two birds, right?
Just spent the whole evening logging in as root changing things on docker files via WinSCP etc, for nothing…
So, the best way would be to buy NUC (or similar) and run HA (latest) on it?

Is anyone knowing how to use this?
Or is anyone knowing the right command to ignore the healthy state?

So I am confused, not for the first time!
I’m running supervisor: 2020.11.0
HA: 0.118.3

And everything is working, no errors. I’ve upgraded from 0.118.0 > 1 > 2 > 3 without error. Wonder if it’s because I’m on a slightly older version of supervisor?

Anyway, are we saying HA on Docker on Synology is on its last legs, it is time to find a different solution?

I hope not, for me at least it just works. Been using it 18 months or so and it’s been rock solid. Thank you Fredrike for such a great solution!

If it is time to find another solution does anyone have any recommendations, setting up a VM within SDM? Or am I over reacting :slight_smile:

Yeah you can see my comments in the issue logged on Github.

Basically everyone just got shown the bird; this basically means I leave the community for a year until I move to my new house.
What really pisses me off is this is an architectural change that was made without going through the architectural decision processes. Basically they have forcibly blocked people from doing it at their own risk.

1 Like

I have a DS918 and have managed to get it back working on my unit doing the following:

I also had to start node-red manually and re-add node red to the side bar by going to supervisor and node-red addon, wait two minutes after clicking start before testing as it took a while to start for me.

This got me back working, hope it helps someone else.

One callout is that after a reboot I needed to go through this again to get it back working, so there is still something not quite right that needs fixing, I am guessing a config. But I am up and running which saves me grief from the family :slight_smile:

:smiley: Don’t look at me, it’s all working nicely here :smiley:

So same here, my concern is for how long :frowning:

No, I do not shoot the messenger :slight_smile: Could you either point to one of your videos if you have one or explain how to install a downgraded version of HA or Supervisor or whatever is needed to run it without issues. I’ve waited so long and spent too much money just to look at a black box blinking on my desk :face_with_monocle:

So I used the script at https://github.com/markdumay/synology-docker to upgrade my Synology Docker version and all seems well. I don’t have anything to do with this code so buyer beware but it’s working for me.

1 Like

I will test it out! Thanks mate

Hello @billraff,
Could you explain to me how you managed to do it? I have started fresh, docker > Hassio. Logged in, checked supervisor, thrown a lot of issues, docker version, etc. Stopped hassio, and followed your link.
Update carried, docker version comes as Version: 19.03.13
But from this point, I can no longer start HASSIO.

What am i doing wrong?

I don’t see anything wrong with the Docker upgrade. What are the HA logs saying the issue is? Also, which synology are you using? I assume the format is ext4 as the script only works on that version. Did you have Docker running during the upgrade as specified?

Aha… Ok, i’m new to this NAS too. Played few times with FreeNAS, so not much experience on it. So as i have not much data on NAS i will wipe it and i should create new Volume for data and ext4 volume for lets say docker and hassio? Or stick to ext4 as its faster?

Guys, any tips how to fix this?

Ok, tried to use “Ignored job conditions” function, work fine for me
dsm 6.1, standard docker, supervisor 2020.11.8 ha 0.118.4

1. removed tag :2020.10.0 from /usr/local/hassio/etc/hassio.json
  2. updated supervisor
  3. add jobs.json to homeassistant root folder
  4. add in jobs.json {"ignore_conditions": ["healthy"]}
  5. restart supervisor
    still got messages in log, but i can update addon, make snapshots
3 Likes

Has any one seen this error with observer not starting? I think it started happening after synology support asked me to turn of v switch settings to fix a vpn server issue. I have restored hassio folder and also also turned back on v switch settings on the ds 918. Errors does seem to talk about the network interfaces, but not sure what it means. I hope not a rebuild!!

It’s a big surprise for me, a shock, I just spent several weeks discovering, learning how to use Hassio, and developing my cards. I started with a package for the Synology. I have never heard or seen a warning. And suddenly, I discovered, that my system is incompatible! This is all the more surprising as everything works wonderfully with the 2020 supervisor: 10: 1

[u]Now it’s total confusion, what should I do ?[/* u]

1. Nothing, all it’s running well with 2020:10:1
  2. Use the script given by @billraff (with some know issues)
  3. Remove the tag, update to last supervisor and add file jobs.json

Thank you for your advice

Edit: 2. not possible my NAS use btrfs

Just as another data point, I upgraded supervisor today to 2020.12.2 and it wouldn’t let me upgrade homeassistant image due to the error. Simply added the jobs.json file as mentioned and while it still complains in the UI it does pull down the new image while complaining about it’s own status in the logs.

20-12-02 21:53:49 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] The following job conditions are ignored and will make the system unstable when they occur: {<JobCondition.HEALTHY: 'healthy'>}
20-12-02 21:53:49 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant to version 0.118.4