Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

I’ll take a look at it. But there should be a json file in the hass.io root?

Any thing else I should add in a new version?

1 Like

Just jobs.json file inside hass.io folder.
And only code needed inside of it should be
{"ignore_conditions": ["healthy"]}
That’s it - I’ve tested it on 2 systems and that should work.

Nothing else pops in my mind.

2 Likes

Thank you @BeardedConti. I’ve indeed missed the part of restarting the Supervisor from inside Supervisor. Once I did that it was all running smoothly again!

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I am trying updating 118.4 but it is not upgrading on my synology. Getting following message in system log
20-12-04 20:17:05 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

20-12-04 20:21:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

1 Like

I restarted Supervisor, it still shows up as unhealthy

And it will, but can you update or install new addons?

Unfortunately not Bearded. this is really frustrating. 2,5 years ago I moved to Xpenology running this package. I have NOT any issues running HA. It was very smooth and my main set-up. Also running HA on PI’s at relatives but nothing but trouble with it. Syno and HA is really a great solution, but now I am considering other hardware because this really sucks. Thanks for trying to help.

1 Like

For those who still encountered the “entrypoint.js” error, disabling and re-enabling advanced mode option in profile page will help

1 Like

Where did you put jobs.json ? And did you correctly input code inside? Also, what version of Supervisor are you running? You have to be on latest version.

Supervisor 2020.12.4 and file is in the right dir. I did a restore of a backup of 2 weeks ago, and now I am amble to do everything again. How ever the supervisor card still shows unhealthy and unsupported.

So for now it works…let’s see where this goes…

.4 version or .2? Just checking… Maybe you were thinking about 0.118.4

So, beta?! :smiley: Well, not running beta channel on my setup.

it does this in my installation as well
suddenly appeared

Your installtion is running in an unhealthy state

i am using it on a DS218+

I searched online and tried to run a command from the CLI container, but it didn’t fix anything.
command -> ha su repair

if I try to update a container it gives me an error:

WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘AddonManager.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

what can I do ?

1 Like

Similar issue as well. Running Home Assistant Core 0.118.4 (HASSIO) and Supervisor 2020.12.2 on DSM 6.2

• Created “jobs.json” in hassio root folder
  • Added the following to the file: {“ignore_conditions”: [“healthy”]}
  • restarted HASSIO

Still can’t update newest update (0.118.5) or update Add-ons. Can press the buttons but nothing happens.Nothing in the basic UI Logs. Any help appreciated as ever :+1:

2 Likes

@rosscullen @miga and @rkbakshi - everything has been answered before, just few lines above. What you have to do, what should be restarted and if you will see this error or not.

EDIT: And to add it works, with Supervisor version 2020.12.2 and latest as of today 2020.12.6.
Tested on two system, upgrade from 0.118.2 to 0.118.4 and from 0.118.4 to 0.118.5.
Also some addon updated.

1 Like

Made a pull-request.

Don’t have my computer so this is just from my phone.

4 Likes

Apologies @BeardedConti I forgot that the Supervisor sits on a separate Docker container and doesn’t restart when I restart HASS from within the UI.

It wouldn’t restart within HASS “Supervisor” -> “System”, so I manually restarted the “hassio_supervisor” docker container within Synology Docker.

Updates are now working. Thanks for help @BeardedConti & @fredrike

1 Like

Great you got it working! And Fredrik has made pull request to SynoCmmunity packages. When it gets through, it will automaticaly create jobs.json. That should fix it for everyone, even those not in the community.

1 Like

@BeardedConti I apologize, I missed the old messages, my fault. Anyway… I confirm that it works for me too by adding that file in the root folder. Now I have the 2020.12.6 version of the Supervisor and the 0.117.6 version of HA.

I have a question, is it normal for the supervisor to update itself without me doing anything? it’s not a problem, in fact it’s better this way, it’s just a curiosity

1 Like