Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

Hi,

Could anybody help with below error message during installation of addons via supervisor:

400 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/c695aa1dd0e23d505fbdaffd173f7e9a6ff676064d254673f2a335b4882b46b2/start: Bad Request ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": permission denied": unknown")

I have DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3, Installed fresh Hass.io from synocommunity repository and I already applied the below “unhealthy” state fix:

{"ignore_conditions": ["healthy"]}

Thanks in advance for any help,

BR,

Piotr

1 Like

I recently sent an inquirery to Synology suppprt to update docker package. The reply was positive since they confirmed to be working on an upgrade.

2 Likes

@rule, I am also getting a 400 client error for “/dev/init/”. Where do I have to add the folder “/dev/init/”? I am a bit lost.

The folder creation solved my 500 server error and after creating it the error changed to the 400 client error. I wish I could help you but I spent a lot of time trying to solve this without any luck. I decided to completely switch my Synology (DS220+) install to an error free Home Assistant OS in VM.

Thanks @rule. I will probably do that too. Unfortunately, this special solution simply causes errors. Thanks for your answer. I wish you all the best!

My supervisor is 2021.02.6 and core is 2021.02.1,when i update the supervisor to the latest version,most my addons can not start with the error
500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/7bbbb4dc1da00613132455461df66f342b2f42cf9c5726296ffee063ebb9d021/start: Internal Server Error (“OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: “/dev/init”: stat /dev/init: no such file or directory”: unknown”)

I dont know where is the problem with,Docker or supervisor? when i change the version of supervisor to old one 2021.01.7,some addons works fine,but my NODERED addon is missing from addons store and can not reinstall.

can somebody help me with downgrade supervisor version?

I have this same error after updating supervisor but only on SSH addon:

400 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/3e32d7d1f6e0f4dbdcc1ecadc1711dcf4a234e282a24bccd1277e47051821139/start: Bad Request ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown")

So, guys, it’s better to wait with the supervisor upgrade, right?

Same problem here my zigbee2mqtt stops workin with the 400 client error. I can’t control my lights anymore now. Is there a quick fix? @fredrike

Same here:
with core-2021.1.5 and supervisor-2021.02.6 after restart of zigbee2mqttassistant version: 0.3.157 I got the error
500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/5a83e74198c986935d1680f52c331a4e40ba8b1afb26db9fa94444bcdcfb37e2/start: Internal Server Error ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown")
Any hints to downgrade the supervisor?

Downgrade supervisor doesn’t solve the issue. I downgraded supervisor back to 2021.02.1.
No succes, still the same error.

400 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/ef6334dff603f7404c98f6d349c5a2a55b334e8ca38d73835b3c7579def0a97c/start: Bad Request ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown") 

@rule It seems the permissions aren’t right. You could try changing the folder permissions to 777 just to see if that fixes it.

@cjisndenial @fredrike this fix did the trick for me too.

EDIT: After updating Hassio Core the problem came back, but was again fixed by removing it from the “bridge” network.

Hi,

What i've done :

Fix : Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
=> add a /bin/bash terminal on Hassio_Cli container and i've run the command : ha core rebuild

Fix : RPC shutdown error 500
=> when you install and try to start rpc shutdown addon, the container created try to mount le /dev volume on host and it shouldn't.
edit/replace rpc shutdown container from portainer (not visible under DSM) and delete volume /dev on host /dev then click deploy and valide replace the existing one.
then restart hassio (never stop rpc container cause it will be created with the /dev volume)

tested on core-2021.2.2 and supervisor-2021.02.6

I’ve downgraded supervisor to 2021.1.5, but it was done in vain. When I start more or less any addon, it rewards me displaying the following error:

Internal Server Error ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown")

Any idea what I could do? What else could be downgraded in order to make it work? Also restoring a snapshot does not help. My complete system is currently not working and it is not good, because I e.g. need some light in the evenings.

I’m totally fed up with this update philosophy. Each time you need to be careful, because they want to get rid of Synology users and therefore breaking changes are always kept in the dark.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I’ve started looking into the virtual machine options described above, on top of having already submitted requests to Synology to update the version of Docker used in DSM. I recommend you do the latter as well to prod them along.

i have updated to the last supervisor update on syno…and now i have tihs error:
Internal Server Error (“OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: “/dev/init”: stat /dev/init: no such file or directory”: unknown”)

Impossible to start addons mosquitto & duckDns.
Restore snapshot not work, reinstalled docker & Hassio same problems.

After update ESPHome addon, the errores started. I had the great idea of reboot Synology and now its impossible start any addons. Allways error:
Error (“OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: “/dev/init”: stat /dev/init: no such file or directory”: unknown”)

anyone have any solution?

Core-2021.2.2 and supervisor-2021.02.6

having the same issue after reboot of synology.
reinstalled addons, no solution.