Home assistant supervised, SkyConnect and connecting zigbee devices - how?

Today a SkyConnect arrived in the mail. I hooked it up to my raspberry pi and had expected to have to edit something to pass the tty device through to my supervised install of Home assistant, but on navigating HA, there was a notification indicating it had been detected, so I configured it.

I also received a couple of Sonoff SNZB-02D temp/humidity sensors with displays the other day, so was keen to get them set up. I did think (from watching a video or two) that it should be as simple as “Add device” within the Zigbee configuration, however it says “Searching for Zigbee devices”, I’ve then tried putting both of them in pairing mode, and don’t get any response. “Show logs” shows nothing.

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something fundamental? Any suggestions welcome!

Resolved this one myself - had to navigate to Home assistant Hardware view, where only Sky Connect was shown. Clicked Configure, which asked me if I wanted to Multi-protocol support, it spent a few minutes configuring things. Went back to ZHA, clicked Add Device and it worked straight away.

I’m not sure how I missed this step in the doco/config - however everything appeared to be set up and configured properly prior to the above steps, it just wouldn’t work.

Don’t use the USB extension provided. I read a post saying changing it to a longer USB extension resolved all problems. I did that and all my devices connected on the first try, compared to multiple connection attempts with the stock USB extender.

This post? → Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization