Home Assistant Supervisored installation failed

Hi, I am trying to install the Home Assistant Supervisored on my OrangePi zero3
with supervisored method.

I checked the requirements for system and choosed fresh new debian12 installation

I followed the supervisored installer, and got the finally installed the homeassistant-supervisored.deb.

the log during the installtion of the package:

I tried to use ha-cli tool, but I found there are no containers available.

“Note, selecting ‘homeassistant-supervised’ instead of ‘./homeassistant-supervised.deb’“Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file”
&
" ‘/root/homeassistant-supervised.deb’ couldn’t be accessed by user ‘_apt’. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)”
…
----->

chmod 777 homeassistant-supervised.deb
apt install ./homeassistant-supervised.deb

Okay, now i have three docker containers running, but still get no web available

I have these containers:

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                                     COMMAND   CREATED          STATUS         PORTS     NAMES
0849914fabb5   ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-dns:2023.06.2       "/init"   3 minutes ago    Up 3 minutes             hassio_dns
57614d39e151   ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-cli:2023.10.0       "/init"   3 minutes ago    Up 3 minutes             hassio_cli
4b35b4f5d04e   ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:latest   "/init"   17 minutes ago   Up 3 minutes             hassio_supervisor

And I tried to use lsof -i:8123 as root, and found that there have no process LISTENING on port 8123.

I also tried to work on Switch to cgroup v1 failed problem, and found this post : Failed to switch to cgroup v1 error on manual supervisor install - #3 by gandy24

There is a reason behind the instructions to create an unpriviledged “normal” user after having installed base Debian OS, then to log out as root and continue installing HA as that unpriviledged user prepending “sudo” to each command.

OMG :scream:

After that, I got the web functioning, but there are still problems:

I can see that it is saying “Can’t connect to OS-Agent”, but I checked it via the method provided by GitHub - home-assistant/os-agent: Daemon allowing to control OS features through D-Bus

which is this command: gdbus introspect --system --dest io.hass.os --object-path /io/hass/os

But I didn’t got the expected “Error” output, it seems functioning well.

in the log i can see u have rights problem:
CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Not privileged to run udev monitor!
i did’t use this install method.just trying to help.i don’t think the command “omg chmod 777” will work or help.but u can try to install all with sudo and another user account (if sudo is installed.)

Ohhhh, after several attempts of reinstallation, I finally get it working

1 Like

Now prey that everything will work as expected

I was trying to install homeassitant on unsupported OS. Just doing chmod 777 didn’t work for me.

Instead I used this command to bypass os check:

BYPASS_OS_CHECK=true apt install ./homeassistant-supervised.deb

As mentioned here: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/issues/317#issuecomment-1714635817