Home Assistant šŸ¤ Ubiquiti Networks

I just moved to an EdgeRouter X + UAP-AC-PRO, and I must say that Iā€™m quit impressed by this solution compared to my previous network.
Work reliably and the wifi coverage is much better than the Xiaomi router or any access point I had before!

1 Like

Awesome news. Sounds like a very promising collaboration! Looking forward to see what this brings.

Thatā€™s fantastic!

Sounds great, congrats!
PS: Where to get the t-shirt? :slight_smile:

Congratulations ! @Ubiquitiā€¦the value of your company just quadrupled :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great new!!!

Congratulations!

I also want to congratulate Ubiquiti for having the foresight in their long term outlook to invest into HA + Paulus. In addition to the Ubiquiti hardware now, I think Iā€™ll now be investing into them as well.

Now please Ubiquity, for the love of god, fix THIS two year old problem in your controllers!

3 Likes

Congrats. You have done great things for Home Automation.

Does this mean we will get some real pressence detection? :slight_smile:

Congratulations

My congratulations!!! Woowww big personal and also project Home-Assistant jump! Just amazing whatā€™s going on with this project. Thanks also to keeping the open source spirit . and all caused by a ā€œlazyā€ guy who was laying in his bed wishing he could turn off the lights from there. Respect and 100000 thanks also to all to spare time devs who made all of this possible . thumbs up! Iā€™m proud being a part of such a great community

2 Likes

Hass will stay open source as mentioned in The blog. But I think donations for this project would also be self understanding. Great system efforts great people and their spare time. This is meant to be noted as well

1 Like

Awesome!! Congrats and props to ubnt for supporting OSS!

Many biggest congratulationsā€¦ well ā€¦ sky is limitā€¦ :grin:

Thatā€™s the best news Iā€™ve heard in Home Automation in a long time. Congratulation! Home Assistant and Ubiquiti are my favorite things to work with and talk about. Iā€™m excited for everyone!

@edif30 If I had to guess, Ubiquiti probably wants to start releasing a line of home automation products. And from the looks of it, they might actually have some. However, now, when they release new products, HA will work with them out the gate. They might even sell an appliance/hub with HA already on it. Basically, they can will be able to have a hub that they will probably have some control over, and they got that part for pennies. Now they just need to concentrate on the devices.

Iā€™m hoping this will be the start of HA becoming more user friendly as well. Hopefully they donā€™t screw up the main HA product forcing other devs to have to fork.

1 Like

Congratulations! Iā€™m a big fan of the ubiquity gear and the home assistant platform. Iā€™m looking forward to the results of this collaboration!

sounds like very good news to me!!
Congrats!!!

Congratulations this is great news. Will be great to see some deep Ubiquity integration plus all the other great advancements of Home Assistant.

Great news!!! I just installed an Unify AC access point and I am really impressed with the quality of the Controller software!!! Much better than anything I tried before (D-link, TP-Link, Linksys, Netgear, Zyxel etcā€¦).

Iā€™m sure this will be a win-win-win move for Ubiquiti, Home Assistant and Paulus. Congratulations :+1:

Awesome! Now maybe we can get that annoying warning fixed. :slight_smile: