Home Assistant unable to login on ubuntu-frame

I installed Home Assistant with docker on ubuntu server 22.04 and also snap installed ubuntu-frame alongside. When I try to open Home Assistant login webpage on ubuntu-frame it not log in.

I tested ubuntu-frame with Home Assitant demo on the same installation and it works.

I suppose that it could be related with any kind of authentication problem. What do you thing and how to solve it?

Thank you.

Did you try a regular web-browser ?

Not on this board. There is not desktop environment installed.

And from another computer (or phone) ?

From another computer phone and the rest is without any issues. I noticed this only with ubunu-frame environment.

What does that mean, exactly?
You don’t see the login page? If so, what do you see and what does the ubuntu-frame logs say?
You see the login page (or any HA page) but cannot login? If so, check the HA logg.

Login page is loaded correctly on ubuntu-frame, I can put name and pass but I cant login. Do not have logs I reinstalled it. Just curious if somebody experienced Home Assistant on Ubuntu-frame.

I agree that there needs to be a way to have a HA dashboard on a touchscreen kiosk running Ubuntu. I haven’t tried ubuntu-frame yet but it looks like this person got it working. Use Ubuntu Frame to implement “apps”

Update:
I can confirm that the Original Poster is correct, something is causing HA to not login.

I installed Ubuntu Core on a Raspberry Pi.

(The above instructions aren’t clear that you need to login to https://login.ubuntu.com from another computer and import an ssh key so that you can ssh into your Raspberry pi)

Then I snap installed WPE WebKit for Mir Kiosk

Install the dependency ubuntu-frame:
sudo snap install ubuntu-frame

Install WPE WebKit for Mir Kiosk:
sudo snap install wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk

Default website works and touchscreen works too!

Confirm installation and versions with snap list

Change default website to Home Assistant dashboard url:
sudo snap set wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk url=http://192.168.0.10:8123/hometouch/

Touch screen immediately refreshes to Home Assistant login screen.

Input username and PW, check the remember login checkbox.

Click login button

The website hangs with the credentials greyed out but present in the input fields. Logging in doesn’t take place.

Rebooting the Raspberry Pi from a remote SSH terminal brings up the HA login screen again, but the credentials were not saved.

Other commands that you can get or set:
https://gitlab.com/glancr/wpe-webkit-snap/-/blob/core22/README.md

ubuntu-frame probably lacks support for web-sockets.

ChatGPT says that ubuntu-frame is a Wayland rendering layer and that the WPE WebKit for Mir Kiosk is a browser application that would handle web sockets. Since its WebKit based, it should implement web-sockets.

Just conveying my “research”. This is all new to me.

Installing snap pulseaudio solves the login problem.

see this post.

Is HA working correctly on Ubuntu Frame? What is the cpu usage compared to normal ubuntu distro?

My working setup on normal ubuntu distro