Home Assistant with Schlage Sense lock

Just installed Schlage Sense deadbolt lock and added to Homekit just fine. Home Assistant-Home Bridge is running and I have an iPad at home which I can set up some automations on IOS side.

Can any of you shed some light on how to enable Home Assistant controlling Schlage Sense lock please? On a high level, I think I need to set up a template sensor (or template switch?), exposes it to home bridge and create automations to ‘mirror’ the lock state to the sensor (or switch). But could any of you advise some specifics in setting it up please?

I have the same lock and just created an input_boolean in Homeassistant for it. Using the Homekit component you can expose the input_boolean to homekit as a switch. In the Home app on my phone I created an automation to change the input_boolean based on the lock, and vice versa.

Not the prettiest setup, but it works.

Thank you so much for the information! I followed your input there and it is all set up and working beautifully!

Thanks again

just to make it easy on the next person who researches this, Add this to your configuration.yaml

input_boolean:
        name: Dummy Lock Switch
        initial: off
        icon: mdi:Door

This input boolean doesn’t show up in HA, but it shoes up in HomeKit.

Hi,

Can you detail a bit your setup ?
I think I understand the automation part on HomeKit :
a) If Schlage Sense is unlocked then input boolean is on
b) If Schlage Sense is locked then input boolean is off
c) If input boolean is swithed on then unlock Schlage Sense
d) If input boolean is switched off then lock Schlage Sense

Is that it ? I’m wondering if that won’t make a loop ? For WAF compliance perhaps would be better to hide the input boolean in a fake HomeKit room…

Did you succeed to show the input boolean as a lock on Home Assistant (using a template or something else) ?

May I ask how you were able to add the Schalge Sense Deadbolt to HA Homekit?

Hey all. Just some feedback. I purchased a Schlage z-wave deadbolt, last week. My config is a RPi4 with Zooz USB stick (also new in 2022). The installation only met with one issue, probably user induced. The first time I tried to join the deadbolt to the z-wave net, it timed out / failed; meaning it never prompted me for the first portion of the deadbolt serial key.

The second time, I took a laptop to the door, pressed the deadbolt “join” button and immediately clicked the “discover” button in Z-wave JS. Within less then two seconds I was prompted for the first 5 numerals of the deadbolt key. I entered the key. 15 seconds-ish later, whamo, deadbolt fully enumerated, populated and configured in Home Assistant.

LOVE HASS! Great work, dev community.

Pre-requisites:

1. Home Assistant installed and working.
  2. A “Z-wave JS” compatible z-wave radio / usb stick installed on your Home Assistant computer. I bought a new one from Zooz and it was discovered and I configured it in less than 1 minute.
  3. Install the “Z-wave JS” add-on.
  4. Have the five digit code handy (back of your Schlage install manual)

Once you have the pre-reqs sorted out:

• Within Home Assistant click and navigate: Configure → on the Z-wave card click “Configure”
  • Remove the black access panel on the deadbolt and press the rather obvious button (there is only one).
  • Be swift and now, back in Home Assistant, press the “Add Device” button, which will start the z-wave radio to scanning for devices that are in “configuration mode”
  • enter the 5 digit code.

That should get you there! Cheers.

Just to point out that the lock you’re helpfully referring to is a Connect (z-wave), not a Sense (bluetooth) like the OP and I are struggling with. I’m trying to use the HomeKit Controller integration to find the Sense lock, but the integration only finds the HomeKit bridge, and asks for a PIN for that. I have no idea what that PIN would be, so I can’t proceed. Can anybody offer some wisdom on what that PIN would be? I don’t want to buy a bluetooth dongle for my Pi 4. I can always use the suggested input boolean hack, which is a good idea, but obviously better to expose directly. I’ve seen other posts in this community mentioning direct integration, but not sure how that was achieved. Thanks.