Home Assistant without a plan! - new blog

Hi, I just started a new blog:

https://homeassistantwithoutaplan.wordpress.com/

I will try to make step by step guides into adding new integrations, new devices and editing the dashboard so that everybody can have as much fun with Home Assistant as I do. If you like my work buy me a coffee :slight_smile:

Right now I have made post about my installation, how to install HA, how to install HACS, DuckDNS, Google Drive Backup and some helpful tips on entity names and dashboards.

I plan alot more, future post will incloude how to install Tuya, LocalTuya, how to flash tuya devices with OpenBKN and how to configure them.

So, I guess I have two questions.

First is … will you fix the sentence below? Yes, I know. We all make mistakes.

Second is … Are you planning on just regurgitating what you find here? Or, do you have plans on writing things like:
decluttering_card-GitHub - custom-cards/decluttering-card: :broom: Declutter your lovelace configuration with the help of this card
card-templater-GitHub - gadgetchnnel/lovelace-card-templater: Custom Lovelace card which allows Jinja2 templates to be applied to other cards
numberbox-card-GitHub - htmltiger/numberbox-card: Replace input_number sliders with plus and minus buttons
auto-entities-GitHub - thomasloven/lovelace-auto-entities: :small_blue_diamond:Automatically populate the entities-list of lovelace cards

Just to name a few. And, I can’t leave out:
vasqued2/ha-teamtracker: Home Assistant integration that provides real-time scores in multiple professional (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and more), college (NCAA), and international (soccer, golf, tennis, mma, racing) sports using ESPN APIs. (github.com)
or
vasqued2/ha-teamtracker-card: A Home Assistant frontend custom card that will display real-time updates for teams tracked with the ha-teamtracker integration. Has custom in-game layouts for football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, racing, and mma. (github.com)

I mean, these are some awesome projects that certainly deserve coffee/beer/vodka! Just saying.

1 Like