Home Assistant yellow ZHA/Zigbee2MQTT does not get state updates from Aqara sensors

Hello,

Old configuration:
Rbp4
HA 2023.11.3
Aqara motion sensors + door and window (non-zigbee 3.0)
Zigbee USB dongle Texas Instruments CC2531
Zigbee2Mqtt

New configuration
Home Assistant Yellow
HA 2023.11.3
Aqara motion sensors + door and window (non-zigbee 3.0)

With HA Yellow I’ve said to give a try to ZHA, only to notice that the sensors were not communicating their states after the initial pairing.

I did a full reset of the OS, disabled ZHA and installed Zigbee2Mqtt just to notice the same behavior with these Aquara sensors and the lack of updates on states.

I’ve picked up the Zigbee USB dongle from the previous machine, plugged it in, configured the Z2M, paired the sensors and now all the sensors are updating their states like it should.

Any idea what might be the cause for the lack of communication (after the initial pairing) between the build in zigbee radio and Aqara sensors?

How was this plugged in? Coordinator sticks and Zigbee in particular are particularly susceptible to RF interference.

The USB stick was plugged directly into the rbp4 without any USB extender.

Most likely that’s the problem m you need at least a half meter extension cable. Preferably a small powered USB2 hub. (usb3 interference is a nightmare for coordinator sticks on pi)

The problem that I have is with the HA Yellow and it’s internal zigbee radio, because the attached one works without any problems.