Home Assistent mobile app can't connect to HA on local network if there is no intenrnet connection

I’ve had a few internet outages lately.
Every time there is an internet outage the mobile app cannot connect to my Home Assistant, even though the mobile is logged into the local WiFi which is working and the PC on the same WiFi connects to Home Assistant without any problems.
I pay for a remote connection through Nabu-Casa.
I have my home Wifi set up in the mobile app.
I have found that the problem is probably caused by the app not prioritizing the local connection on the home WiFi network. Instead it always tries to connect via Nabu-Casa which of course doesn’t work when my home network is not connected to the internet at that moment.
If I turn off mobile data on my mobile phone and leave only WiFi on, the app connects to my Home Assistant without any problems.
I found in older forum discussions that there is a “Prioritize internal URL” switch in the app, but I can’t find this switch in my 2022.12.0-Full version of the app.

Any idea how to solve this situation? Is this a bug in the application?

I don’t use the app, but I have lots of other apps on my Android phones which exhibit the same problem.

It seems that, if there’s no internet connectivity on the local WiFi connection, the phone always uses only the mobile data connection, even if the device you’re looking for is local. I have no idea if this is because the apps were designed that way (which is stupid, for things which can use local connections) or if it’s an Android thing the apps can’t control.

I guess I’m only posting here in hopes that there’s a generic solution which would apply to not just the HA app, but to others with the same problem.

this is because your android device is no longer using wifi because it has no data to use, not a app issue but more a device issue.

Actually i have same issue and it is very annoying. That said, it is technically not a problem but i have considered asking dev to look at improving

When i leave wifi range i open then force close the app to get connected. I often use HA the very second i leave wifi access do to way i exit home and rely on HA to open exit

-on ios swipe up from bottom of screen
-app chooser opens displaying roll of recently used app
-swipe up on HA app to for e close

After open again and connects without issue

Really its a combination of trying to connect to local IP when connected to WAN(internet not local network)

If you remove local IP from app and always connect remote this issue will go away. Problems only occur if HA loses access outside local network due to internet service outage. I think connecting 2 HA is possible so you could setup the second HA for the for times the remote does bot work to make connecting easy