Home Companion issue when accessing with with a ssl certificate (external access)

Hi All,

I have HA (the latest version)

Home Assistant 2023.9.2
Supervisor 2023.09.2
Operating System 10.5
Interface utilisateur : 20230911.0 - latest

I’ve configured an external access with Nginx and letsencrypt. I can access to my HA system (using a 4G connection) with my dns in https using Firefox on my phone (Android 11) but i can’t via chrome, Vivaldi and via the HA Companion. I have this error

chromium: [ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(975)] handshake failed; returned -1

If im logged to my Wifi, the HA Companion client can login else if im using a 4G connection i cant login… Once loaded it says “Unable to connect to HA”

If someone could help me that would be great :slight_smile:
Thank you !

the companion app will not work if it does not work in Chrome for Android on the same device.

what error do you see in the companion app? It should give you a clue in the actual message.

How can i share without the complete log here with you ?

the pop-up message itself should give you the reason for the error like invalid certificate date or untrusted certificate authority etc… does it not show you that?

Chrome says ERR_CONNECTION_RESET meanwhile Firefox is working …

I am talking about the companion app error message in the “cannot connect” pop-up

I have that only.

oh wow thats a frontend error message, app wont be able to help with that. Most likely a proxy issue. We do have some tips but as HA does not support it directly we can’t help much.

Do you think that i need to look at nginx logs then ?

i am not sure, it might. I dont use nginx with HA.

Just to explain, i just want to provide an external access to HA so it can communicate the Google API. That’s just why i need an external access. My Google Home devices can communicate and integrate HA entities and so on. The only problem that i have is when i want to use Companion outside my house… If you have another solution instead of using nginx im ready to hear :wink: