HOME CONNECT INTEGRATION (working even without SSL & not exposing HA to web)

(also @sagined) Looks like the Home Connect token expiry is a known issue, not fixed yet.

Thatā€™s great. Thank you very much.

are there any updates on running this entirely locally

I think the first step would be to make at least the cloud work reliably. I have a fridge-freezer and a dishwasher and both have some issues:

• Fridge provides a Power switch entity which does nothingā€¦which is essantially a good thing since it does not make sense to ever turn off the fridge.

• On the other hand, it does not provide many other entities which are supported by the API: setpoint temperatures, superfreeze switch, vacation mode switch etc

• Dishwasher door state is unreliable if dishwasher is turned off. OK, maybe dishwasher does not report door status when it is turned off, but at least door sensor should go unavailable when dishwasher power is turned off

• Dishwasher exposes each program as a separate switch. I have 23 individual switches exposed! Couldnā€™t this be a Select entity since these switches are mutually exclusive anyway?

Just try the HACS integration.

1 Like

Thanks, I thought this topic is about official integration, so my comments were regarding the official one.

It is. But if you are not happy with it and the HACS one is improving your mentioned points, why not using it?

I guess that the gateway only allows you to connect to other devices like sensors etcā€¦ Devices like the washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. use their own connection. Perhaps a good starting point for a truly local gateway would be this: GitHub - osresearch/hcpy: Python tool to talk to Home Connect appliances over the local network (no cloud required)

2 Likes

In the market potentially for a new dishwasher as ours is playing up.

Top of my list is being able to have HA tell my dishwasher when it is ok to start running based on solar PV output.

Can you confirm that this functionality is available with this component? And is there a particular range or feature enabled models of Bosch or Siemens devices that I need to make sure I select when purchasing?

Thanks
Barry

Yes is achievable. Only downside is the fact remote start has to be manually set. But can be done when filling the tumble.

Thanks for confirming. Would have been a tad upset if not as Iā€™ve just ordered one a few hours back!

1 Like