Home Connect

I have been checking out Bosch Home Connect API Developer Portal and this looks doable. Did anyone else try to do this. Planning to make this a project during the Autumn.

I have no idea how to code this, but I own some appliances featuring HomeConnect.
Let me know if I can be of some assistance.

Hi

Which appliances do you have?

-Jamie

I’m in the same boat as @Gabriel, no clue what to do. But I have a Siemens iQ700 steam oven (HS658GXS6), and I’d be happy to do some testing if that helps?

I have a Bosch Dishwasher, a Bosh Oven and a Siemens CoffeMachine.
A freezer is on the way as well.

Do you want the exact model?

I have Siemens Dishwasher, Oven and Hood.

Great, Are you interested in only status or being able to control them from HASS?

Both, but AFAIK the Remote Start feature makes things difficult.

I have a Siemens washer and dryer connected to home connect. It would be great to get their status and notification when finished in Hass.

Also interessted in this

OpenHab has begun to implement it. I guess you can get some good pointers regarding the API from the code.

2 Likes

Hi, have you got any progress on this one. I have startet some code, and can actually read the API´s now, but im new to developing code to HA

Hi, I’m also interested in developing a Home Connect platform for HA. Has anyone seriously started so I can contribute or should I start from scratch?

2 Likes

I think you should start from scratch.

This would be an awesome addition to home assistant. Ifttt is so restrictive in my opinion, so I rather control the implementation in HA

EDIT: As I’m not much of a python programmer myself I decided to atleast try with IFTTT until someone with more knowledge could start working on it.
I got a lot of awesome things working.

I use Webhooks that POST data to IFTTT. The data changes depending on what coffee you want/ordered (Visually presented as buttons). Each button turns on a switch which posts the data to IFTTT and at the same time triggers an Automation inside HA that turns the switch off again (To allow several orders of the same sort of coffee).
The POST to IFTTT activates the right applet inside my IFTTT (custom made applets) and out comes the cup of coffee.

I also use similar IFTTT POST switches inside HA to turn on/off the machine (Visually triggered by clicking the picture. The picture changes to state “På” when it’s ON and “Av” when it’s OFF and also changes the picture from color to black&white depending on state.

I also have Webhooks from IFTTT to HA that tells me if the machine is ON or OFF. (Because sometimes people turns the machine on/off manually from the machine itself or the integrated app “Home Connect”) like in the old days
PS: This gives me a high WAF :smiley: (Wife acceptance factor)

The webhook from IFTTT updates my switch inside HA so the state is linked to always show the correct state both in HA and in real life.

I also included some Instructions in my native language to help potential guests.

Ohh and did I forget to mention that I linked it with my custom Google Assistant responses and TTS, so that you can control all this functionality with your voice instead of inside HA. And every custom voiceaction or “order” as I like to call them, gives me a TTS message from my kitchen Google Home. Saying something like “Here’s your Espresso, enjoy” of course depending on what Coffee you ordered.

2 Likes

OK I started writing a Python library that can serve as a starting point for the HA integration.

Especially the error handling still needs much improvement I guess.
2 Likes

I can test: Coffee Machine, Fridge, Oven and Dishwasher.
Please pelt me know if you need me to do something.

I can test a dryer

Awesome. I started implementing the component and am trying to make it work with the API appliance simulator they provide, once this works I will share a beta version.

4 Likes