Home Connect

I can test a washer-dryer

I forked it and adopted it for Home Connect Washer:

I wasn’t able to adopt it for the dishwasher and oven yet… HA doesn’t start anymore with my current versions of the script adopted for those devices. But washer and dryer works like a charm.
I love this solution as there is no need for your HA-instance to be reachable from the outside.

@gkreitz Thanks for your great work! Do you know if there is a problem when more than one “haid” is returned? I tried to implement the module for the type “Oven” as well, but HA doesn’t start when I place the module inside the “sensor” section analog what I did with the washer. I got two oven (steamer and classic oven), both running as type “Oven” under HC.

How can I get deeper feedback regarding the failed startup on HA beside the homeassistant.log?

I finally found the problem. “Oven” is answering with 404 when no program is selected which causes an endless loop. I adopted the code… This is working for HOME CONNECT Oven (incl. Steamer) now:

2 Likes

@DavidMStraub thanks David, your custom component works like a charm. I am using it with the Siemens HS858GXB6 oven. Are you working on bringing this to Home Assistant core, or is that not part of the plan?

It would be great to have auto discovery added for some appliances. I had a look via ‘Discovery’ app on iOS, however my HomeConnect device is the only one I can not view… The key does show as 'Oven SIEMENS HS858GXB6._HOMEC…", but it looks like the spaces are breaking this application. Have you tried adding discovery / SSDP options to this component.

Are you working on bringing this to Home Assistant core, or is that not part of the plan?

I have a pull request open since ages and it’s embarassing that I still didn’t manage to finish it, but I’m extremely close, actually (in terms of work, not necessarily time).

but it looks like the spaces are breaking this application

I’m not sure I understand. If the spaces are causing problems, I would need to see the log output of the error.

Have you tried adding discovery / SSDP options to this component.

I don’t see how, given the communication with the devices is not local but via the remote API. Can you elaborate?

1 Like

I am not sure either, however it looks like my Siemens oven does show up via zeroconf. I couldn’t find it via SSDP. This way we could possibly show the Home Connect component, where you would need to provide your credentials via OAuth.

My comment about spaces was regarding a bug in the ‘Discovery’ app, which I used to find the zeroconf address.

This doesn’t have any priority, could be a next step after the first part is in core. Just a nice to have.

Super, glad to see you picking up the work! Yeah, it caught me by surprise a couple of times which methods can suddenly spring a 404 on you depending on the state of hardware. Thus why it is a bit tricky to add support for devices you don’t own.

Dear all,

Is there a way for me to debug the Home Connect integration and help you? I am new to HA and more of a SIP guy but I’m trying to figure out what is going on with my installation. I have (only) nabu casa, connected according the manual but all that works is door open/closed. Power button does not work, Time remaining is not accurate (I suspect it’s just a counter started within HA) and as a result I think none of my automations work. I hope you help me help you.

Gerard

Hi David,

first of all I must say, that I really appreciate your work towards the HomeConnect integration.
I’m using the HomeConnect Developer API for some time now (I do have a HomeConnect washer), most of the time in FHEM.
Since I’m moving some “workloads” to HASS I am currently missing some features in the integration, which may be relatively easy to add (I have viewed your code and think that there would be “just” an additional sensor needed):
The status “BSH.Common.Status.OperationState” is currently included in your “power” switch but I am unable to differ between the different states like “Run”, “Finished”, “Delayed Start” and so on.
I would like to see an additional sensor entity “OperationState” which displays this values.
(Link to the docs: https://developer.home-connect.com/docs/status/operation_state )

Please let me know if I could help you in any way, but unfortunately I am more the C#-guy than Python.

Using the official integration, is there a way to add a switch for lights on/off in the exhaust hood? Thanks!

Hi uspino,

as far as I have read the code, there currently isn’t an option to add a switch for your hood to turn on/off the light.
Only the hood itself (the fan?) can be turned on/off.
But it should be possible following the development documentation by BSH.

As soon as I manage to get my dev environment working (the port of the docker container should be published but I cannot connect to it) I will try to add/improve some features (this could be my first PR for HA).

Actually, it looks like it’s going to be implemented into the official release…

Oh, I haven’t seen that - sounds good.
Actually I have managed to get my development container running and already implemented the missing sensors for my washer. It’s still a litte messy, since there is currently no differentiation for the sensor<->device combination (that’s also the case with the existing “duration” sensor which is not existant for my washer and only for the oven). But: so far so good (the first and third sensor are currently “n.v.” because there was no active washing cycle running):

Hello!

Homeconnect was working fine till 114.* but in 115.0 I get a configuration error of home connect. Anyone can eventually help?

Hello guys,

I am a littlie bit novice for HA. HomeConnect integration installed and works flawlessly with my Hob and Dryer; however I cannot understand is the event logic is implemented in HomeConnect and its integration? For example during dryer cycle I can receive a message in iOS App that dryer’s lint filter is full and I have to clean it before continue; and I see that the cycle is not finished but has to be continued. I definitely cannot find a lint filter sensor and no events in all.

Is it just not implemented yet, or it is unavailable via currently documented/allowed API?

I’m using this integration, but how can I start my dishwasher or wash-machine?
I have activated the remote start on my dishwash, but no idea how I can start it with Home Assist.

I can start it with the Home connect app on my phone and then I see the parameters change on the Home assist for example the timer

1 Like

Is there also a plugin or a method that doesn’t require to go over the public internet?
I don’t like that

Hi @supermarcie,

With the integration, you should have got one device and many entities.

• some binary sensors for information you can get but not control from Home Assistant, like the door status, remaining time etc.
  • and some switches for those you can control from Home Assistant like power and program selection.

When the machine is turned on, door closed, remote control enabled, you select and start a program on the machine by switching corresponding switch to on in Home Assistant.

Be aware that you might get more program switches than those you actually have or are supported by you machine. So some of these switches are dummy and cannot be used.
You have to test these one by one, either by switching them on from Home Assistant and see whether these result in any change on the machine. Or maybe better by trying to select the programs on the machine and see which switch turns on in Home assistant. this way, you locate the switches for your machine programs.

Hope this helps you further. I have spent a lot of time trying to configure and control my Siemens dishwasher and hope I can help you get a head with yours.

I succeeded actually to make this Lovelace card based on custom:button-card and I am pretty satisfied with the result.

The look changes based on different states of door, power , program running etc.
I can share the code if you are interested.

good luck :slight_smile:

wow very nice lovelance cards, can you share those?