/home/frigate/config.yml or /home/frigate/frigate.yml in Docker Container home directory?

I want to install Frigate in a Proxmox/Docker container My Home Assistant is in a Proxmox VM. In Portainer do I create a file called config.yml or frigate.yml (/home/frigate/config.yml or /home/frigate/frigate.yml)?

I’m trying to follow some tutorials and think I’m getting conflicting instructions.

or

One says create a config.yml file the other says create a frigate.yml file?

I already have my basic Frigate configuration running in HA in /config/frigate.yml.

Maybe there’s a better tutorial I haven’t seen yet?

Thanks for any pointers.

config.yml

This is best tutorial that has proxmox info at bottom of page

1 Like

Thanks, I think I looked at this one in my travels and it still seems very confusing. Does Proxmox 7. 3 have some new wrinkles? It seems to ask that in the tutorial.

Obviously I’m missing something as there are lots of folks who have Frigate running in a Proxmox container.

you can place the config file wherever you want, all that matters is the container is setup to map /your/file/location/file.yml to config/config.yml

I’m sorry, I’m still lost. Are you saying calling it config.yml or frigate.yml doesn’t really matter?

Man, I guess I need to really go back to square one here.

Docker allows file and folder mapping

config.yml is the filename used by frigate inside the docker container. On your system you can name it anything, but it MUST map to config.yml

Read this
It may help you understand better

OK thanks, I’ll read through it.

edit: Oops, I need to drop further down the food chain here because I understand practically nothing in that link.