Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Hey @timmo001 great work on this! Looks and works fantastic.

I’m testing it out on a Raspberry Pi, with 7" display. I’m a little concerned because it’s using a massive amount of CPU, for a web app. Am I doing something wrong here?

Firefox:

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
  775 pi        20   0  570924 191696  72948 R  99.7 20.2   3:36.86 Web Content
  697 pi        20   0  863320 198820 100424 S   2.3 20.9   0:42.69 firefox-esr 

Chromium-browser

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
  980 pi        20   0  415932 104272  66996 R 114.2 11.0   0:26.81 chromium-browse
  704 pi        20   0  668072 145448 104868 S  11.6 15.3   0:11.68 chromium-browse

Cheers

EDIT: Simply removing sensor.dark_sky_icon has lowered the CPU usage from 114% to ~20%. Yay pretty animations!

Posting here also for wider visibility - help this helps!

1 Like

Just getting started on setting up Home Panel, I have a few binary sensors that are connected via Konnected, HA seems to know the difference and labels them as open or closed, however Home Panel just put the name there, no locked or unlocked, or open closed status. I’m sure I’m missing something but anyone have any tips? I tried unit of measurement but that didnt seem to work.

Have Home Panel set up on Hass.io running HA 0.94.3 as the latest add-on

Everything works fine until I try and configure group toggle. When I add a group entity_id it splits the group into the component entities.

e.g. group.lounge_light splits into light.lounge_1 and light.lounge_2 with separate buttons for each instead of a single button for the group.

Any ideas?

Is there any way to have a graph displayed in Home Panel? Would be nice to be able to see a temperature graph or CPU load graph (or maybe as a pop-up when pushed).

I use Tileboard instead of Homepanel I managed to do this by using Grafana to generate graphs and then display them in the Tileboard UI.

You can probably do something similar in Homepanel :slight_smile:

I am trying to set this up using ssl. I am running HA in docker and I am using the letsencrypt image with nginx. I have directed the correct certificates i.e.
~/ssl/fullchain.pem:/data/ssl/fullchain.pem
~/ssl/privkey.pem:/data/ssl/privkey.pem

Howevre when i try and create an account it gives me an error saying socket connection timeout.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I can’t access HP from outside HA. I enter localip:8234 and I get a connection refused.

Did you ever get an answer about this? I’m unable to create an account as well. I am on Nabu Cass cloud connect and have ssl off.

I’m getting the same error you are/were.

Yes, in the HP config network settings, 80/tcp, add 8234

1 Like

For me, that’s what is there by default.

Turned debugging on
Whenever I try to create a username - no matter what I put in I get the below error but obviously with the insert key replaced by whatever username I use, can’t get past this, any help appreciated

error: Error: Can’t insert key happiness, it violates the unique constraint
at _AVLTree.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/binary-search-tree/lib/avltree.js:273:19)
at AVLTree.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/binary-search-tree/lib/avltree.js:307:27)
at Index.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/indexes.js:77:15)
at Datastore.addToIndexes (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:180:29)
at Datastore._insertInCache (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:402:10)
at Datastore._insert (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:348:10)
at /opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/executor.js:40:13
at Immediate.process (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:731:21)
at processImmediate (timers.js:632:19)

Updated hassio a few days ago and was finally able to create an account to login to home panel
Not sure if it was a home panel update or hassio

1 Like

Nice, but I’ll stick to lovelace, still new to it.

@timmo001
I’m using hassbian and installing this isn’t working for me.

yarn install throws a error

[root@hassbian home-panel-api]
# yarn install
00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'install'

Same here, finally allowed me to create an account with the newest update to Hassio

Hi,
Where does Home Panel save it’s configuration?
Currently I’m only making changes to yaml files not the UI, so when I restore the yaml files to a new HA installation everything is already configured.

If I want to backup the Home Panel changes I make in the UI, what do I have to backup?

Thanks

I guess this addon is dead… can’t even get a reply from the developer.

I really hoped to be able to use home panel on my old iPad (iOS 9).

Sadly after logging in the home panel, I need to authorize with my home assistant account.
After typing in the login details, there seems to be an infinite loop (it switches to the login page of home panel and a second later again to the authentication page of home assistant).

On my Mac it works most of the time, except of some timeouts after trying to login.

1 Like

Im using a few iOs9 devices with Tileboard, may be worth a try?