Home.weather showing "F" but numbers in celsius

As you can see from my response here, I did state it could be possible. Specifically at that time. As mentioned, HA has gone through many updates. At some point, I was informed elevation had to be in meters, so I converted it and started to use that. However, I did not validate (at that time), that is what actually fixed it. This is all based on speculation – not unfounded speculations, but still speculations on the root cause.

I’m the original poster. And I never actually stated what fixed this C → F problem. I think that’s where things are getting muddied. As I said above, it’s possible converting to Meters (at that time) fixed it, given 6200 meters is pretty far up, resulting in dramatically colder temperatures. BUT since I switched to DarkSky, I never actually saw what actually fixed it.

Yep, this is what I tried spelling out to him. I wasn’t calling you a liar, I knew what you said.

I’m referring to this thread in which the weather was fixed once you fixed the elevation, although as you point out, it has all kinds of problems now.

Correct. I’m the OP of both threads - that one and this one. :slight_smile:

In that thread, I looked at the source data and saw the temperate was 10 degrees off. At that point, I had the value as “meters”, ~1900. This put my elevation dramatically lower than what I really was. Somewhere along the line (and I missed in the patch notes), HA fixed feet/meters without fixing the UI resulting in these off values. Neither OpenWeather or DarkSky used elevation, which resulted in further confusion.

In this thread, I never did that much debugging, e.g. looking at the source data (I was still pretty fresh with HA). If I had actually done that? Maybe I would have seen some other discrepancies that would point to elevation.

I speculated in this thread, it could have been elevation, too. You’re right on that part.

The root of THIS thread is I was probably wrong in my original assessment. It wasn’t using C values, just an incorrect elevation. But given this was back in August (2019)… I have no idea or anyway to really validate the original scenario. Root cause of this thread is now just speculation – credited speculation.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with that. This situation is a very confusing one.