[homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report] Error when sending ChangeReport to Alexa: INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION: Access token is not valid

In the last several days, I’m seeing the below error message repeatedly in Home Assistant’s log file. I know recently I updated to Home Assistant 0.113.1; however, I’m not sure if that was the cause of these errors or not. AKAIK, I haven’t updated any other components recently.

I am currently subscribed to Nabu Casa. I am also using the Alexa Media Player HACS addon.

I have no idea if this error message is related to Nabu Casa or the Alexa Media Player HACS addon since both components “seem” to be working correctly. I am able to use Nabu Casa to synch to the Cloud successfully; as, well as retrieving Alexa media playback information.

I have already disabled/re-enabled my Home Assistant Skill in the Alexa app. I was also prompted with a notification to confirm my Amazon Account in Home Assistant (by typing/confirming the letters I see on the screen). After I typed the letters correctly, the notification went away. However, I’m still getting these errors in my log.

Is it possible something is corrupted in my .storage folder where the token is stored?

I would appreciate any help that could help me resolve this issue.

Thank you!

I’ve been getting the same error for the past few weeks

Seems its been an issue for a while:

Thanks. I just posted in the Github issue.

Do you have a link to the issue? After working fine for about a week, my HA has just started throwing these errors

As above:

any progress on this? I’m still having this error in my logs multiple times a minute.

I still see it with 2021.9

I’ve just added it to my logger exclude list

Where is that exclude list please ?

Sorry bad use of terms, I use the filter:

logger:
  filters:
    homeassistant.components.alexa.state_report:
      - "INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION"
2 Likes

Filtering out these errors is ok if you never want to use an HA device to trigger an Alexa routine.

Change Reports are used by virtual devices to activate routines if a smart device is triggered.

Explained here

The answer seems to be to disable/reenable the Alexa skill - it worked for me.

It looks like token renewal isn’t happening correctly.

I’m using the Official Alexa integration, not the HAAKSA custom one, so might not be relevant to you

The principle should be the same and is in the alexa documentation, but it’s easy to check: if you create a doorbell entity with an input boolean, can you trigger an alexa routine by simulating a press? While I was receiving those messages, I could not. I had to disable/reenable the alexa skill and then it worked.

Anyhow, I just thought I’d mention it.

B.