Homeassistant Docker Container - How install Addons manually?

Hi!
I have installed the Homeassistant Docker container and want to add Homegear as an addon. Since the add-ons are only available in Hassio, I wanted to ask whether there is a way to add the add-ons manually.
Could anybody give me some advice?

1 Like

You can’t add add-ons at all with the docker install. You need to run your own containers and configure them accordingly. Here’s the official docker container → Docker Hub

Any reason why you don’t run Home Assistant OS?

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. It is clear to me that you cannot install add-ons with the Docker variant. The question is: How do I install the addons manually?

You can’t. You need to find the non-add-on docker version and install that. Just like any docker container.m

1 Like

You don’t install the add-on, you install a docker container, same as any other docker container. I sent you the link to the homegear container, it has instructions there on how to configure it.

1 Like

To hopefully clarify a bit, HA addons are piece of software tightly coupled to the HA supervisor (which is ran with the HassOS or supervised installs method, NOT with the container install).

They happen to run in docker containers but cannot actually be run without the supervisor.

1 Like

Hi, is there a solution or workaround to run add-ons along with HA Docker container?

2 Likes

same question

1 Like