HomeAssistant problems (logbook and plex)

Hi everyone!
I’ve been running home-assistant for some weeks now and, generally speaking, I’m very happy with this piece of software!
But I have two issues I cannot manage and perhaps you can help me with them.

1. History: After some time running, HA starts to stop recording history and show only the last status in history. Logbook is also empty. Example in this picture:
  2. Plex: I’ve followed every manual, every post… but never been able to make it work. It seems related with SSL, but I’ve checked a lot of times config in order to bypass ssl checking. I will be very grateful if you could give me some indications about this configuration…
    Thank you very much!

I remember having issues setting up Plex as well. It was a while ago, but I specifically remember having to set a certain option in Plex itself (so not in Home Assistant).

I can’t find anything related in the settings of Plex, but I think it was this option (not sure though):

Enable local network discovery (GDM)
This enables the media server to discover other servers and players on the local network.

Besides the usual configuration in Home Assistant I have a plex.conf file in my Home Assistant configuration directory. Since you don’t want SSL, I think it should look like the following:

{
    "<ip_address_of_your_plex_server>:32400": {
        "ssl": false,
        "token": "<your_plex_token>",
        "verify": false
    }
}

You can follow the steps mentioned on this page to find your token.

In case you’re wondering what my Plex related configuration looks like in Home Assistant, its simply the following:

media_player:
  - platform: plex
    entity_namespace: plex
    include_non_clients: true
    use_episode_art: true

hassio-jedi, first of all, thank you for taking your time :slight_smile:

• GDM in plex, :heavy_check_mark:
  • Discovering my token :heavy_check_mark:
  • plex.conf file :heavy_check_mark:
  • media_player entry in config :heavy_check_mark:
  • working? :question:

I have to do some tests, but a media_player.plex_chrome entity has appeared and no error are logged :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Up!

Plex working (thanks @thmry), but logbook issue is still there. Is there anyone suffering the same? No clue?
Yesterday I had to reboot the service three times :frowning:

Thank you!