Homeassistant wont start with wink in configuration

Hey gang. I am having a small issue with adding my wink hub to homeassistant configuration. Every time I had…
wink:
email: my email address
password: my wink password

homeassistant wont start. I have added it to the bottom, top and in the middle of my configuration file with no go.
Does it still support the wink hub?

Thanks
Kilo

Hi Kilo,

can you please paste it exactly as you put it into your config, especially with the indentations - see message at the very top of the page if you’re unsure how to do it.

How do you start hass?
Manually - does it show an error message referring to a line or a component?
Via systemd - what does it show when you check the status with sudo systemctl status home-assistant@[your user] -l?

i was using the AIO install method so HA was running as a service so im not sure if i was getting any errors. I decided to do a manual install in a vertualenv and run it manually and monitor for errors that way.
I will report back with config file after this new install is complete.

Thanks for the responses.

Kilo

I just bought a Wink hub and added it successfully last night so it’s most likely an issue with your config file. Make sure it’s like this:

wink:
  email: YOUR_WINK_EMAIL
  password: YOUR_WINK_PASSWORD

I setup mine using the api method. Here is the link just put in your email and password.

Your configuration should look like this then.
wink:
  access_token: "your api here"

Ok will try again once this new install is finished and report back…

Thanks all

Kilo

Ok guys/gals (if any)

I thought I would ask this before uploading my configuration file.
Where in the configuration file should I put the …
wink:
access_token: “my token”?

I have been putting it at the end of the configuration file and I just tried it again and HA still wont start with the above in the file. I am using the latest version of HA and notepad ++ to edit my file.

I have been able to do alll other edits without any issues.

Thanks all

BTW. The access_token is indented in my file. didnt show up that way here

You can put it anywhere in the config file. It’s not about the order you put things but the indentation that’s critical.

Ok all.

Here is whats happening.
Its just taking HA 2 to 4 minutes to fully start up after adding wink.
I decided to let it just sit after I added the wink: line and rebooted.
I went downstairs to get a beer from the garage fridge, talk to the wife for a sec and went back in my room and low and behold, the webpage had refreshed and the wink hub showed up.
Im not sure if it takes anyone else that amount of time but i do have a RP 3 so maybe i should overclock mine to see if that speeds up startup.
Anyway, thanks all that had replied with help.

Kilo

I find it all depends. Sometimes it goes quick (like 10 secs or so) and other times it pauses on my device_tracker and takes about 5 mins or so. It’s only in the last few releases it’s actually slowed. But then again, it could be that I’ve added more components. For me, Wink doesn’t seem to be the culprit though.