Homegear hass.io add-on - Testers needed

Hello,

I built a Homegear add-on for Hass.io - I’m looking for some testers. Here you go:
https://github.com/tringler/hassio-homegear/

About

Homegear is a software which acts as a hub for multiple protocols like HomeMatic or Z-Wave.
Currently these protocols are supported:

• HomeMaticBidCoS
  • HomeMatic Wired
  • Philips hue
  • Z-Wave
  • Intertechno
  • KNX
  • M-Bus
  • Nanoleaf
  • Sonos

To Do / Known Issues

• SSL is not implemented (must be configured by /config/homegear/config)
  • Authentication is not implemented (must be configured by /config/homegear/config)
  • Ingress not implemented
  • Database are not copied to /config/homegear/data at startup
  • Data & config are only copied at startup, not at shutdown

Installation

Add https://github.com/tringler/hassio-homegear to your Hass.io add-on repositories.
Install the “Homegear” add-on. This process can take up to 10 minutes depending on your hardware.
Start the “Homegear” add-on.
Open the Web UI in order to open the Homegear Admin UI to configure your devices.

First start & Migration

• All data in /config/homegear/config will applied to /etc/homegear before homegear is started.
  • All data in /config/homegear/data will applied to /var/lib/homegear before homegear is started.

If you migrate an existing Homegear installation you need just to create the folders /config/homegear/config and /config/homegear/data
and migrate your data from /etc/homegear to /config/homegear/config and /var/lib/homegear to /config/homegear/data BEFORE you start the addon.

Otherwise /config/homegear/config and /config/homegear/data will be populated with Homegear default data after the first start.

Configuration

Option: ssl

Not implemented yet.

Option: devices

You need to add the interface you are using to communicate i.e. by HomeMaticBidCoS.
On Hass.io navigate to Hass.io --> System and click on hardware to get the right name. (i.e. ttyUSB0)

Homegear HomeAssistant configuration

Example HomeMatic BidCoS configuration:

homematic:
  interfaces:
    rf:
      host: 127.0.0.1
      port: 2001
      resolvenames: metadata

1 Like

Hey Tringler!

Thanks for your work - I tried to install this addon, but I have no luck for now. Installing works, but when I start the addon, it complains that the folder “/config/homegear/config” doesn’t exist. If I create it manually, the logs say:

20-01-05 20:18:37 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.addon] Start Docker add-on local/armv7-addon-homegear with version 0.1
20-01-05 20:19:07 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [hassio.docker.interface] Stop addon_local_homegear application
20-01-05 20:19:18 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean addon_local_homegear application
20-01-05 20:19:18 WARNING (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't grep logs from local/armv7-addon-homegear: 409 Client Error: Conflict ("can not get logs from container which is dead or marked for removal")

Do you have an idea what I’m doing wrong?

Greetings Epi

Sorry - I stopped the development. I jumped over to Raspberrymatic/OCCU instead of homegear.

Hi,

Feel free to test my Addon, it’s also based on the original docker image.
For me it’s working, but because it’s the first time I am working with docker, it’s definitively not perfect

-> https://github.com/BiasF/Homegear4Homeassistant

1 Like

Hi,
will addon be available as hassIO addon soon as well?! Would very much appreciate it :slight_smile:

Best regards!

Just wanted to say thanks to @Venice for the plug-in.
I want to move from fhem to Homeassistant + Homegear and am still a bit on overwhelmed on how to configure and install things.
So the Addon saved my day. :+1:

1 Like

It’s already a HASS IO addon just add the repository and install it :wink:

Thx for your reply just noticed it in the meantime :smiley:

Couple a years ago I set up homegear with max! and it worked. But this time I’m struggling. I have a flashed cube as a cunx but I’m unable to pair the devices. As you mentioned in the readme you’re using it for your max! components. Is there a chance that you can help me/ give me some hints? Thank you very much.

Mhh I never tried the Max! cube, I use the CUL stick which is connected to my HASS.
But maybe I can help.

So where is the problem?

Ok. So maybe this is a problem as well. Yesterday the flashed cube was correctly connected to homegear and shown in the list of gateways. Now I have a lot of connection failures.

Did you change anything else in the homegear setup beside the max! family file?

The cube is freshly flashed (2 days ago) and the radiator valves are factory reset but I can’t pair them with the cube. I followed this (Converting a MAX! Cube to CUL/CUN to use with Home Assistant)

You’ve bought a CUL-Stick which is connected via USB to your hostsystem (Pi?) and integrated as a CUL in the max! family config file. Am I right?

Another question:
How do you handle weekly schedules? Do you send them via homegear to the valves and store them direct on each device? Because a year ago this didn’t work, I got always an error in homegear.

I really appreciate all help because I don’t want to change all my valves and want to integrate them properly to Hassio. Thank you

Hi,

no I just changed the max familie file and added the serial device to it.
So it should also work with your cube, because it’s only a network device. It could be that the network layer of docker is preventing a correct communication (just a Idea I am not sure).
So you can connect your cube? Is it possivle to pair a valve to it?

Can you post some log files ?
Can you try to add the CUBE via Homegear Admin UI?

Yes I have arduino based CUL stick which is directly connected via USB to my Homeassistant Raspberry Pi.

You can configure shedules via Homegear Admin UI, it’s working as expected for me :wink:

First time the cube is connected well to homegear and is shown in the gateway section with a green tick.

But after a while it’s not working anymore and the cube isn’t connected to homegear.
The logfile says:

"12/19/20 17:43:04.216 Module MAX: CUNX "Max-CUNX": Error in file PhysicalInterfaces/Cunx.cpp line 166 in function void MAX::Cunx::reconnect(): Could not connect to server 192.168.178.xxx on port 2323. Poll failed with error code: 1."
"12/19/20 17:44:05.466 RPC Server (Port 2004): Error: Server could not start listening on port 2004: Cannot assign requested address"

Sounds very promising. Maybe it’s worth giving it a try and buy a CUL Stick, because i really want to integrate them to HA. Your setup is working stable, that’s good :slight_smile:

Lucky me - I’ve found a CUL-Stick in the Box of all my stuff. And what should I say - It works :slight_smile:

1. Whats the best way to backup the homegear configs and all that belongs to it? Is it included in the snapshots from hassio or is it better to make a separat backup in homegear? How do you guys solve this?

2. Is there a Thread/Forum for max! related topics? (e.g. How to change the paramsets of the Thermostats, etc.)

Thanks for all your help and work!

Can’t execute the update of the addon from1.0 to 1.2. If I hit the button it appears shortly in red and then return to original appearance.

21-02-16 12:24:27 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ae73bafd/armv7-addon-homegear4homeassistant:1.0 to ae73bafd/armv7-addon-homegear4homeassistant:1.2
21-02-16 12:24:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.addon] Invalid build envoirement, can’t build this add-on!

Running hassio on rp 3b, latest versions (supervisor-2021.02.9 + Home Assistant OS 5.11)

I can confirm. Get the same issue.

If you are willing to migrate you could also try out this version:

It uses pre-built images so that the supervisor just downloads and then starts homegear.