Homegear link via Homematic interface

Dear Community,

finally I switched from FHEM to home assistant and I am looking forward to installing heating and lighting control in this more modern system. Max! radiators and window contacts communicate with a CUL-stick, which makes homegear necessary.

The first devices are already integrated in Homegear, but the interface between Homegear and HASS does not work. Constantly the following error message appears when starting the system:

Logger: pyhomematic._hm
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhomematic/_hm.py:693 
First occurred: 18:53:25 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 18:53:25

Failed to initialize proxy for homeassistant-wireless

Extract from the configuration.yaml:

homematic:
  interfaces:
    wireless:
      host: 192.168.0.133
      port: 2001
      resolvenames: metadata

At this point I already tried different settings like json, xml and metadata, with and without username/password, but the error message is always the same.
I am very happy about hints and tips to be able to get started with HASS.

Best regards

Jo

Are you sure you have Homegear configured correctly?

You can verify that it generally accepts connections by doing this manually within a Python 3 interpreter:

from xmlrpc.client import ServerProxy
p = ServerProxy("http://192.168.0.133:2001")
p.listDevices()

This should print out all devices known to Homegear. If this fails, you either have connectivity issues, or Homegear has some problem.

Apart from that, for Homegear the correct option to resolve names is metadata. The other options are for the CCU.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I tried your Python3 script in both the Homegear and HASS containers. In both cases, a list of all kinds of devices was printed, including the already bound MAX! devices…

Ok, then Homegear is working properly.

Since you have mentioned Containers, have a look at the local_ip and local_port options. When using those, you probably also have to set the callback_ip and callback_port. Additionally, if there is a firewall in place, you have to allow connections accordingly.