HomeHabit Dashboard - Updates

Tbh: I don’t care. I just thought motion sensor would be nice (I suggested this looooong ago on your support page), but then I thought: It may be even better to activate the display on “presence” for a longer period of time, so the display is “always on when someone is on the room” and sleeps when noones home (or next to the display).
So I can use triggers like “alarm motion sensor activated” in that room, or “dining room light on” or “tv running” or or … and then send some HTTP request (or another API call) to wake the display up.

Okay, then that should be possible with Rules. Since any binary state can be used as “screen on” condition, and there should not be a need for HTTP request then.

Oh nice. So I could make it from INSIDE of HH. But is there a way to trigger it from the OUTSIDE as well? Would make it easier to program.

No, not right now.
Creating an API adds certain restrictions and need for backward compatibility support. It’s something that was considered before, but I’m not sure if there are clear benefits over just relying on HA states at this moment.

Hmmm. But let me rethink that: I could create a boolean switch and let HH check the state of that instead, right? So I can make more complex scenarios. :slight_smile:

Yeah, exactly. Doesn’t even need to be a boolean, since rule condition has equals operator, so it can compare any value.

Hi there @igorz,

I am having some issues with displaying the stream from my Tapo C200 camera.
It works well in HomeAssistant but in HomeHabit I get ‘Image format error’ and when clickging on the widget it just shows the blank state after ‘buffering’, no video, no errors.
The stream is supposed to be RTSP.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Hey @igorz

Great app!!! I have some hikvision indoor panels for my video intercom, they are low spec, run android 5, impossible to run HA companion, cause of the slowness…
But your app world quite good, I really like the import/export and the remote admin , since I have multiple tablets…

The only issue I have, those indoor panels are limited by sideloading APK files, no play store…

If I buy a lifetime version, can you send me the .APK file so I can install it on those? Or is there some way to activate the app?

Hey @igorz , trying the mqtt integration…

With the mqtt discovery stream in HACS, i’m publishing the lights/switches to MQTT
with mqtt explorer i can send payload to turn on/off

mosquitto_pub -h localhost -p 1883 -t "hikvision/light/badkamer/set_light" -m '{ "state": "ON" }'

But having difficulties creating it in HomeHabit, i did the UI wizard, it gave me this, but it doesnt turn the light on/off, i dont see any messages at all ? Mqtt is connected state…

"items": [
        {
          "name": "Bad Mqtt",
          "type": "light",
          "lightType": "switch",
          "subscribe": {
            "topic": "hikvision/light/badkamer/state",
            "filter": {
              "type": "none"
            },
            "value": {
              "payload": "json",