This is a thread for HomeHabit Dashboard app release updates. Original thread can be found here.
Beta 11: Thermostat and more
This is a large release with a lot of features requested by the community. Enjoy!
One of the most requested features is finally here!
With swipe available now, edit dashboard trigger is moved to a gear icon in the page bar corner.
Brand new thermostat widget with new UI design and improved integrations.
There is a large variety of thermostats available on the market, so there is possibility that some models don’t work fully. Please report these issues, so we can quickly address it.
Several additions to Gauge widget:
- customizable range configuration
- linear style
- label is now optional
Widget has new layouts available that are more flexible and allow for missing elements, such as no condition icon. Also widget now supports freeform condition text when condition id is not available.
More widget changes
- MJPEG stream and snapshot support for Camera and Room widgets
- Customizable icon in Sensor widget
- Additional themes added for Map widget
- Ability to request desktop site in Web widget
- Support for
triggermode in Shutter widget to allow support of trigger-based garage door setup
- Thermostat humidity attribute should be bindable to Gauge widget
Home Assistant integration
- New: Proximity component integration
- New: Better camera component integration
- Fix: Cover components without position not working as a shutter
- Fix: Toggle play/pause state on media state is fixed
- Fix: Weather condition from YR component in Home Assistant breaks when state is set to a text value
- Fix: Weather summary from Dark Sky Sensor component in Home Assistant doesn’t show condition icon
- Ability to search in Icon, Item, and Application pickers
- Support for modern SSL protocols and ciphers on Android 4.4
Beta 12: Remote connection
In this release, it is possible to provide remote configuration to connect to platforms when on a non-local network. Remote connection supports Home Assistant Remote UI.
Local network is determined by Wifi network name and recorded during platform setup process when connection test is performed. If local network name would change, please go through platform setup process again to update the network name.
Just installed and just missing
- GPS tracker integration
- alarmpanel integration
- long-press function to call info/ additional options for e.g. lights (colo-picker - light effects etc.)
@thundergreen Thanks for checking out the app!
Something is planned, but don’t know how it will work yet
Beta 13: Weather forecast
Weather widget has new forecast mode that allows to add multiple periods of weather forecast.
Currently only daily periods are supported.
Only data from weather sensors is bindable to weather forecast properties. Weather components will be supported soon.
Thanks for the fast feedback . Input Boolean would also be nice like for radio station … Vacuum cleaner etc . Just ideas anyway…goooooood work mate!
input boolean is already bindable to a switch widget, although I’m not exactly sure how do use it for radio station.
If I would have used the right term I would have said: input_selcect. Sorry. Input_boolean works well so far. I am actually pushing your app on different platforms like home assistant and also Xaiomi Vacuum platform. Yould you need some help to develope this app? I could ask if you agree.
I also would have another idea: Having backdrops for each dashboard would rock the house! like this you can create rooms and it’s backdrops. I know you can create a room widget but some button types won’t work inside this
yET ANOTHER THING.
If I use the color light widget… it would be awesome being able to swipe those colors as i am limited in the size on aa phone and dont wanna use the half of the screen for the light “panels”
EDIT: just found another issue. Dunnno why but after a while the thermostat won’t show operation mode. After switching it OFF in hass webinterface it shows up right again… if not it shows a set temperature without any mode. will provide a pic once it appears again.
Beta 14: Tasker integration
Tasker action integration is available. Some other apps that use the same plugin api also supported, such as Automate.
Integration allows you to add an task action to assign certain state to an item inside HomeHabit. Currently only switch-like devices are supported, it will be extended to more types later.
Room widget improvements
Room widget has a new layout when photo/camera is not setup. All configured elements are shown in a grid.
Ability to group multiple devices in Switch, Light and Sensor widgets. Widget will show how many devices are activated.
- Dimmer position and light color will be set at minimum value when device is off
- Light dimmers and optionally regular dimmers are now shown as activated only when above minimum value, which is consistent with switch behavior.
- New pressure units: hPa, kPa, cbar
- Import/Export file picker is not working on some Samsung devices
- Humidity sensors and thermostat humidity should be bindable to Room widget elements with humidity type
- Widget editor layout is not sized correctly on some screens
- Weather widget forecast layout breaks when adding new forecast periods
- Occasional widget error when its resized
Home Assistant integration
- Fix: Some humidity sensor devices are incorrectly treated as generic numeric sensors
Beta 15: New icons, lots
Over 5,000 new icons added with extra icon packs. This took a bit of work, but now icon packs are added in a generic way, so it would be possible to easily update or add new packs in the future.
Following optional icon packs are available in this version (configurable in Settings):
Directions for text-based configuration are available in the docs.
- Light items do not show correct state and impossible to turn on/off when bound to Room widget element
- Gauge widget decimal text size is incorrect on some devices
- Allowing any file type for import/export picker to avoid issues without un-selectable file on some devices
Beta 16: Security widget
The new widget supports alarm panels from Home Assistant.
If needed, it also allows custom setup with separate alarm state switch and alarm code. Entered PIN code will be send at the same time with alarm state command.
Scene widget improvements
Scene widget now supports selectors with predefined list of options (
input_select). Icon and label customization is still possible in widget editor.
Dimmer and Light dimmer widgets have new property to configure minimum change step.
- Thermostat current temperature is disappearing in some cases