HomeKit Accessory Discovered

Ok… First question from the Noobie…
I have HA up and running and I’m working my way at configuring minor addins configured… so far so good!

But… I’ve also getting a notification that the system has discovered 2 HomeKit Accessories… my Ecobee thermostats. As I understand HomeKit is an Apple thing… which I don’t own.

I have already gotten my Ecobee’s (I have two thermostats and two sensors) configured into the system and responding to input from HA… How or should I get rid of the notifications which return with every restart.

Thanks in advance…

-Aaron

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Very odd, since I don’t own any apple devices or have any apple products in my house.

I’ve already have been controlling the ecobee over the normal api integration for years now, but went through the homekit set-up anyway. The thermostat successfully paired over homekit, somehow.

I’m leaving both the existing ecobee component and this new homekit one in place, since the ecobee component supports the ecobee specific thermostat functions, but uses their cloud. The homekit one should be fully local, so it should work when their cloud service is down or my internet is down.

I still don’t really know how any of it is working since, like you, i thought homekit was an apple only thing.

Thanks for your responce…

Sounds good… but when I tried the “tool” wants my home kit 'Pairing Code"… So I tried my Ecobee API_Code… No Joy!

The homekit pairing code will pop up on the ecobee screen during the process:

Ok… which process??? How do I get there??? LOL

Lol, sorry. If you go to the home-assistant integrations page where it discovered thermostat as a homekit device and start the pairing process, it will ask for a code. At that point walk over to the thermostat and it should be displaying the pairing code. Type that back into HA and it will pair it as a homekit device.

Note that you can have the thermostat connected by both homekit and ecobee simultaneously, as long as they have different entity names. I use the cloud component for automations and have the homekit one in the UI for control if the automations don’t work because their cloud servers are down.

No, but you own devices that support the Apple Homekit connection protocol. Your ecobee can connect via the homekit protocol. Home Assistant supports the Homekit protocol. You don’t need a Homekit Hub for HA to connect to the ecobee (as you discovered).

DOH! thanks… fixed it…
I’m a software engineer… and HA is the most difficult beast alive Ive ever seen!

1 Like

…and how did you fix it?

The pairing works for me. But after a HA reboot, I’m getting the same prompt “New Devices discovered”

1 Like

I’m getting this too and it’s really annoying. I keep getting a notification that a new device has been discovered “HomeKit Accessory: YeelightColorBulb-XXXX”. This bulb is already set up & working in the configuration.yaml file but keeps getting rediscovered as a HomeKit Accessory. Is there a way to turn this off?

EDIT - got it sorted from another post. Edit configuration.yaml thus:

#default_config:
config:
logbook:
history:

Make sure you comment out default_config:

can you please share the link of the other post?
I have the same problem like you did but this solution didn’t work for me and I would like to see what people are saying about it.
Thx

Hi
You can please explain what I need to do
I have same issue

You find how fix it?

No! I still have the notification…

I also have the same problem with all my Yeelights. Do anyone have a solution to fix it ?
Thanks.