HomeKit and Sprinklers

Hi all! I hope that thread is not to dead :slight_smile:

I have 3 KNX switches which controling my sprinkler valves. I´m just looking how I can “transform” them into sprinklers in HA for Homekit. As the YAML mode is fading out any tips what I need to do?

1 Like

Thank you for this. We’re unfortunately not able to see the config for Rachio anymore in home assistant so I was wondering how I would add this to my config. I already have the Rachio integration, but the zones are showing up as switches right now. Any help is greatly appreciate!

Rachio is now an integration, so no need for YAML modification. Zones certainly show as switches in HA, by design. Not sure why you want to change that, as Rachio itself is already Homekit compatible…

Hey! I ran across this bit of code 2 years later and I wanted to change my B-Hyve irrigation from switches to sprinkler so that it shows up correctly in homekit. But i am completely stymied how to achieve this. Any chance you can run through how to implement this?

1 Like

It’s pretty much that. Just go into configuration.yaml and do that entity_config modification for your switch. You just need to change switch.sprinkler for whatever your sprinkler switch is named, restart HA, and add the bridge again to HomeKit. You might need to reset the accessory.

1 Like

Is there any news on the HomeKit sprinkler timer functionality? I will be adding a hydrawise sprinkler system which is integrated in HA.
All zones are separate switches.
And I also want to include the timer in HomeKit.

@uspino thank you for this!

1 Like

Anyone figured this out yet?

I have added sprinklers in Homekit successfully which trigger each zone of my Sonoff 4CH Pro R3, but no timer functionality or ability to group them together as the Rachio Homekit integration does.

Anyone want to reverse engineer/emulate the rachio and allow us to use our own switches with it instead of their API?

Yes I would love a way to emulate the Rachio grouping and timers in Home Assistant’s HomeKit implementation

Hi there.

I have only those 5 pieces of Shelly1P, that I’m using for watering the lawn (5 zones), integrated as a switches in Home Assistant and also modified the type of them in sprinklers, as you recommend above, for including in Homkit. Done that. Thank you.

I want to ask you if I can add those sprinklers as garden system only using HA and those 5 Shelly switches. It works manually, but I wandered if I can have an integrated systems with timer, sqedules, etc… like in the post above.

Thanks!

Has anyone managed to display the timer?

Or is this thread dead? :frowning_face:

BTW: I’m using a sprinkler that runs on Zigbee protocol and is connected to Zigbee2mqtt

I know that this is a bit of off topic but I would suggest a scheduler card in HA. I use Homekit as well and I cann see thar this view with timers could be useful sometimes but the scheduler card gives you the opportunity to schedule all of the watering. You can choose the day and time(s) for each sprinkler or other water source. At least as a workaround until the timer in Homekit is possible.

Same question here! I can display the timers using Homebridge and the MQTT-Thing plugin, but would rather expose my Zigbee valves exclusively via HA.

Hey promowest, I am wondering how were you able to change switch to sprinkler in homekit. I used the code mentioned above to change the entity with a code in configuration, but it doesn’t work. My sprinkler system is Orbit b-hyve.
Can you explain a bit how you did this? Many thanks!

Hi mattimeo84, wondering if you were able to get this working? I just added those lines of codes to my configuration.yaml but it doesn’t work. I am also using a B-Hyve irrigation and same as you, they appear as switch in HomeKit. Any help is appreciated.

This might be a dead thread, but I thought I’d try asking anyway: is there any way, once you tell HomeKit Bridge your switch entities are sprinklers, to group them all together under one system in the Apple Home app, like officially supported sprinkler controllers? Right now, they’re all showing up as individual sprinkler valves.

I wonder if in HA, under Helpers, you can create a group and add that group to HA? I’m curious though, why would you want different zones to show up as one in HomeKit?

I’m not sure if you were able to resolve this, but in HA’s config file, you need to specify the type as sprinkler. See the post above.