HomeKit automations

Has anyone noticed that as of iOS 13.2, non certified accessories are ignored in automations that are run in HomeKit? If any of you with newest iOS could test it, I would appreciate it. Could be just me but everything used to work fine.

I am not having issues. I turned off a light that is forwarded to homekit through hass.

That part works for me too. But say you set up and automation for that hass based light to turn on when something else is controlled - does it still turn on? On my system it’s ignored.

I setup a forwarded input boolean and toggled it and used that as the trigger to turn the light on also forwarded.

Damn. I wonder what the hell is going on with my setup.

update: I set up a couple of dummy switches in Homebridge, and they work fine / as expected in homekit automations. I then deleted my Home Assistant bridge, and added it back in, but the incorrect behavior remains. @shauder - are you using iOS 13.2?

Yeah I have been on 13.2 since the first developer beta.

Hi, the issue I’ve found since updating to iOS 13.2 is that I no longer get notifications on my Garage Door and Locks. Previously I would get a notification that the garage door is open or closed, or the lock is locked or unlocked. The states in the Home App is correct, however, it does not push the notifications. Notifications are set to ON in the Home App. It worked perfectly up to 13.1.2.
Anybody else experienced this? Or can test this?

@Wasp Did you ever make any headway on this? I have the same issue on a different platform - but still using homebridge

No issue at all

Hi. Still have the issue. Not too sure whether it’s a changed in HomeKit that’s causing this??
On iOS 13.1.3 and below, notifications worked perfectly.

Still having issues?

No, must have been a corruption relating to HomeKit. I reset the whole house and rebuilt all the devices and now it works fine.

I am still seeing this, but it comes and goes in waves. I think it was fixed for a while in 13.3 but then 13.3.1 seems to have broken it. This is unique to locks, the same notification on a light, switch, contact sensor, you name it will send a Home notification each and every time.

I have a few locks right now in demo mode and the first time it’s triggered (I get a Home notification), but then I wont get Home notifications after that.

Some number of hours or time later, I will get a Home notification for that lock, but that’s about it. I see the state change in Home, I just don’t get a notification. Super frustrating.