HomeKit Bridge - how do I display the QR code for pairing?

I’m successfully using the HomeKit Bridge with one phone and I want to make it available on another phone. When I initially set up the HomeKit bridge it showed the QR code and BOOM phone number 1 was working. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to see that code again and get it paired on the second phone. Yes, some time passed between pairing phone 1 and attempting phone 2.

Any advice?

1 Like

I am FAR from a home kit expert but what I did was go into integrations, searched homekit again and basically added a new connection for a new device which gave me another code.

I’m sure this isn’t the PROPER approach but it worked for me, somebody who doesn’t really use homekit with the exception of one device.

That sounds like the homekit controller rather than the homekit bridge.

Anyone figure out how to redisplay the Homekit Setup QR code once you have paired one device…Like you can do at any time with HomeBridge???
What do you do when you have more than one device to pair or quite commenly if you resore an old backup and then have to pair a device to it?

4 Likes

Nobody? This is a fair ask that I, too, have.

I’ve made zero progress on this

Hey folks,

i am running into the same challenge. I’ve setup everything, added my wife’s iPhone and now I can’t add other devices.

I can’t imagine that there is no propper solution for such a trivial approach. Wouldn’t it be enough to save the qr-code somewhere wizthin the HASS Bridge configuration page?

I really don’t want to delete it and then configure everything again.

1 Like

I managed to get a new QR code for my bridge to HomeKit bridge deleting the Home Kit integration in Home Assistant (Settings → Devices & Services → Home Assistant Bridge). I then made a slight modification to my configuration.yaml file, changed it back again, and re-saved. Following checking the configuration in the Developer Tools and then Restarting Home Assistant, I got the QR code in the Notifications in the side menu following the reboot. I also copied the Set-Up Code, which should allow you to reset up the same thing on another iPhone in HomeKit. In the Home app, click on the plus,+ symbol, the click on “More Options.” If the icon for the bridge is shown, click this and enter the Set-Up Code. If not “My Accessory Isn’t Shown.” Then tap “Enter Set-Up code.” Hope this helps.

You can share the home on Apple Home

Whoa - that works!

1 Like

hey @rasputin are you talking about StefanKu’s suggestion? I’m wanting to do the same thing by adding another user to my setup and just want to be sure before I delete the integration

@justinb1 you need a homehub to share via the Apple Home app.

With the recent changes around HomeKit, this advice is now obsolete for all users without a home hub. There should be another way to manually invoke the QR code.

1 Like

My previous response was in error.

Once you have the HomeKit bridge attached to your Home, you can share it with other users via the ‘Home’ App, within Home settings.

This is no longer the case in iOS 17 it appears.

1 Like

je confirme ca supprime tout les partage de maison je chercher d’ailleurs a réafficher le qrcode du bridge mais je sais plus comment ont fait

Hello,

just stumbled upon the same. In the HomeKit Bridge integration, you can disable and re-enable (via the 3 dots) the Integration entry. Then the code shows up again in notifications

br