Homekit Bridge: Include entities by label

Hi there,

currently, the HomeKit Bridge integration is quite cumbersome to use.

Most users want to filter the devices/entities that should be displayed in HomeKit. We are in a situtation where we have a half baken UI configuration that only allows filtering by category and an extensive Yaml configuration that allows filtering by entity name.

With the addition of labels to Home Assistant, I think it would be an excellent idea to allow dynamic filtering by labels.

The proposal is to have an inclusive filter include_by_label that allows to specify one, ore more labels of devices/entities that should be visible in HomeKit. Similar to this, we could have a blacklist filter exclude_by_label that is applied in addition.

Adding/Removing the specific labels to devices/entities should automatically tag them for HomeKit usage. I imagine a restart of Home Assistant is still required, but I don’t think this should be a blocker. Some devices (locks, media players, etc) will as well require manual pairing after adding the label, but again, this is currently the case as well.

yes please and more power to labels!

Oh yes please, I fully agree with OP ! That would be a really nice feature to have !

Yes please!!!

Yep - fully support this