HomeKit Component and Z-Wave Garage Door

Has anyone else had trouble getting HomeKit to see their Z-Wave garage door opener? I have a GoControl GD00Z-4 Opener which worked perfectly when coming from my Wink Hub 2. I recently moved to a HUSBZB-1 and it works perfectly from HA but it does not see the Garage Door opener in HomeKit. (Still named exactly the same cover.garage_door) I have removed and re-added the specific devices from HomeKit.yaml and all specified lights show up fine, I was just hoping someone ran into this before I remove my “Home” from my homekit hub as i remember it being difficult to get paired the first time. I will share my config when I get back to my laptop… thanks for any suggestions…
HomeKit is delayed starting and waits for “zwave.network_ready” my two Schlage z-zwave locks show up fine and work from HomeKit as well

So apparently something is/was broken with my cover entity as when I went to look at it again it was suddenly unavailable… I removed and re-added my garage door controller (as secure node) and now HA is not generating the cover entity that it previously had associated with the node. Any help would be appreciated…

I don’t exactly understand how a cover entity can be automatically generated for that node but if your garage opener works from HA, at least it is possible to create a cover template for yourself to expose it to HomeKit. I have struggled a lot with the same problem (garage and homekit) if you can share some config, entity names, etc, I can help.

When a Z-wave device is properly detected in HA it creates the “associated entities” automatically, my locks, get “lock.” entities, contact sensors get “binary_sensor.” entities and normally my garage door got a “cover.” entity… but turns out my garage door opener was/is being dysfunctional anyway so until I fix that I haven’t been able to try it in HomeKit anymore.