HomeKit Controller to Abode -- how do I link, won't show up?

Hi everyone!

So, my journey continues – the last couple of days have been a bit of a blur, because I’ve been trying to find ANY sort of solution to get my present camera set-up to integrate into Home Assistant. It seems what I selected for home automation (BEFORE I ever knew what HASS OS was) weren’t great choices in the world of cameras. LOL. And, after much effort, I’ve got SOME creative work arounds for some very finicky products (Arlo, a couple of USB cameras); but I’ve got two resistant systems that just won’t cooperate.

One, is TP-Link – but I think I have a creative workaround for getting their camera into Home Assistant somehow.

And the other is Abode. Specifically, the HomeKit Controller method of hooking into Abode. I had it working, briefly, once in an earlier (now dead and erased) version of Home Assistant I first was fiddling around with. If I’d known what I stumbled on then, I wouldn’t have deleted the system. LOL.

What I’m running into is that the HomeKit controller just won’t discover the device. I’ve got it on the same network, so forth – but nothing. I’ve had Abode reset the HomeKit in the gateway; I can generate a new code. So, wondering what gives here…any suggestions? Has anyone had any luck getting the controller to work with Abode? Anyone had any luck with solutions if they ran into common issues?

I’m glad to share my creative work arounds, by the way, with these camera systems – they’re a little convoluted, but I think they’ll work, ultimately, foiling the most closed-minded closed-system plans of camera companies vexing us today.:slight_smile: But I’m just hoping I can get Abode to connect up through HomeKit controller, as I think that’s the biggest camera system other than Arlo I’m concerned about. And I’ve got Arlo in hand, I think.

In closing – I have had luck with the regular Abode integration. So, if I have to use that, so be it. But I’d like to try the HomeKit angle if possible. THANKS!

LOL. The plot thickens – still no Abode, but for the first time, my Roku showed up on the HomeKit front. LOL.

Any thoughts, anybody? I get the feeling it’s a matter of Home Assistant “finding” the Abode on my network, knowing it’s HomeKit compatible, and letting me put in the code.

Does the abode integration not work? https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/abode/

The integration has limited functionality, I found. For instance, I can’t get my Iota Cam to actually work in Home Assistant – it won’t trigger and won’t send pictures or video, for whatever reason. I think it’s simply because the module support for Abode isn’t as strong for HASS OS, obviously, as anything else Abode provides support for – and so it’s apt to be buggy, especially given the differences in people’s at-home set ups. Direct Homekit interaction just seems more stable to me.

I’m nervous to install the integration, not Homekit, because I worry that it will somehow interfere with me getting the HomeKit controller to work. So, that’s why I’m holding back on installing the integration (again). Thoughts?

HomeKit Controller will not discover the Abode Gateway device for me, either. Did you ever manage to get this working again?

FYI After contacting Abode support, they were able to resolve the issue for me by resetting something related to HomeKit on the gateway and/or their backend.