Homekit Controller TV device type Support

It looks like more and More TVs are able to be controlled with HomeKit. Currently it looks like LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio are going to be supported.

My Vizio TV just received a firmware update and now shows up in HA as a Homekit device, of course it cannot pair since TV types are not supported.

I do know that these TV brands do have other ways to be controlled and monitored by HA, but I have found the homekit controller to be a nice option for a few of my devices, and find it quite stable.

Basic support for this has landed on the dev branch of home assistant and should hopefully be in 0.107.x:

The implementation so far includes:

• Input source switching
  • Reporting playing/paused/stopped status
  • Sending play/pause/stop commands

The exact features that are available vary from TV to TV. E.g. the LG implementation does not support reporting its play/paused/stopped state or sending the “stop” command.

Volume support is expected in future, but not going to make it into 0.107.x.

1 Like

Hi @Jc2k! To my knowledge, this has not been implemented yet. Do you think this is still on the roadmap?

Not really something I’m likely to pick up, I don’t have a homekit TV and there is so much other stuff thats higher up my list, and not much free time.