Homekit Controller with Honeywell Lyric Alarm using polling

Hi all…

I’m new to HA and just in the process of getting much of my configuration set up. I have recently set up my Honeywell Lyric Alarm with the Homekit Controller integration. It works well except that the integration is polling the Honeywell instead of Async communications. I may be missing something but I do know that when I had the controller on HomeKit directly with Apple TV as a controller it reported open contacts immediately but with HA it takes some time. I understand polling is each minute but my question is if I can get the Lyric on Async communication with HA.

thanks for any insight and help…

Were you able to change communication from Polling to Push/Real Time?

Yes - as of a more recent version of HA it works flawlessly in real-time. Nothing done on my side all in the Homekit integration.

1 Like

Does it expose all sensors as well or only the alarm panel to arm/disarm?

It exposes all the door and window contacts as well as all the motion sensors. It doesn’t show the smoke detectors directly but you can detect an alarm condition for those. I don’t have any other types of sensors on my system.

2 Likes

Hey Kevin,

I integrated the Lyric as well by now.

Flood and Smoke sensors aren’t showing up as they are unsupported in HomeKit (Use the TotalConnect 2.0 integration to get those).

I had it all working and states were immediately pushed to HA. 2 Weeks later the system seemed to have switched to polling from push for the states, which results in state delays of 30-60secs. Which makes it unusable for real time automations. If using the HomeKit integration directly on an iPhone states are still immediate - so it must be an issue with the HA HomeKit controller.

Is your system working well with push still? I’m on 0.112.4 - I have quite a few sensors in the system (28 entities in total).

Thanks

1 Like

Everything is fine with me still - I have 24 sensors and running the latest HA on HassOS 4.11 (Raspberry Pi 4) - no issues on my side.

Kevin…

Was able to solve the issue by decreasing the number of entities to 1 Alarm Panel and 25 sensors.
States are coming back to push when using 26 entities in total.

I have reported the issue via GitHub.

2 Likes

Excellent information here, thanks @dts and @KevinPD66 for the detailed responses. One question – is it possible to trigger the alarm FROM home assistant? EX I have additional sensors outside lyric system and want them to trigger the alarm when armed away, is this possible?

Also – generally everything still working? real-time/push still working? I would like to use the motion sensors for light automation but need to make sure they are close to real-time before buying into this system.

Sorry for the late answer.

The alarm trigger is on my list as well. I mainly would like to trigger a panic alarm - which I could trigger via Alexa or Siri.

I haven’t figured it out, so I’m not sure If it is possible to do that through the HomeKit interface. I have also integrated the cloud polling via their Total Connect platform to capture sensors which aren’t exposed to HomeKit (like flood). Unfortunately, remote alarm trigger isn’t possible via TotalConnect.

Generally I’m really happy with this solution. Has never failed in nearly a year.

1 Like