HomeKit creates new devices and entities after every reboot

I have a number of question on HomeKit. I am an Android user and do not have an Apple devices in the house. But I was super please to read in some discussions about Tado integration that I could use HomeKit to do local polling instead of relying on the Tado webservices that only allow updates every 5 min.

I am using a fresh install on a RPi to test everything before I implement it on my production system. I did a clean install and only added utilities like Studio Code Server. I first installed HomeKit and then HomeKit Bridge. Everything worked fine except it did not find the Tado system. My understanding from the discussion was that HomeKit did not require the Tado webservices, but it seems that this is not correct. Once I installed the Tado integration the Tado devices appeared in HomeKit.So this leads me to believe that HomeKit still uses the Tado webservices.

Am I correct?

The next issue I had is that every time I reboot HA I get all the Tado devices and entities added again as _n variants, where n is the n-th time I rebooted HA.

Is this the expected behaviour?

I hope not. If not, what should I do? Turn off auto-discovery in HomeKit Bridge once HomeKit has discovered the Tado devices?

I did a test of deleting the Tado integration once HomeKit had discoverd the Tado devices, but on reboot the devices were unavailable in HomeKit.

Is it necessary to install the webservices integration for all HomeKit compliant devices, such as Tuya?

My tests so far show that I am still stuck with the 5 min update of the Tado services, so I do not see what I gain from HomeKit. Does anyone have guidance for me on this?