HomeKit devices duplicated -how to fix?

I’ve had a bit of a search but couldn’t find any resolutions, apologies if this is a duplicate.

I’ve recently received and installed my Home Assistant Yellow. While waiting for it to arrive, I configured most of the house in HomeKit (a combination of Lutron lights, Hue Lights, Apple TVs etc).

In my excitement when the HA arrived, I plugged it all in and followed the integration steps and all was good until I added HK and now all devices are duplicated in the HK app -but under a “Default Room” rather than the rooms configured in HK.

I tried to remove them but it says I can’t because it’s added in the Bridge but removing the original lights will break my existing automation/scenes. They’re the same devices as when one is on, the other is on…

Any ideas on how is best to merge/remove the devices?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Same for me…

Same for me

Was there ever a fix to this? I am now experiencing the same thing! So frustrating.

Yes, same here. Did anyone above figure it out? Do I just have to remove the devices from HA because there is no way to keep them from ‘looping back’ into Apple Home app even though they are already there direclty from their own bridges (like Hue for example)?

Ok, I think I figured it out. You can control the behaviour by going to settings, integrations, HomeKit Bridge, and re-configuing it to be for a single device instead of a bridge for everything. Even as a bridge, you can control which types of entities are exposed to HomeKit. Great!