HomeKit Doorbell with Reolink Camera and Shelly

Hi,

I am pretty new to the HA world and currently trying to migrate my self configured HomeKit video doorbell from Homebridge to HA but I am still facing problems with that as my camera object in HomeKit does not show up as a video doorbell.

My setup ist the following:

• HA versions: 2023.3.3 core; 2023.3.1 supervisor
  • iOS version: 16.3.1
  • Camera: RLC-410-5MP using Reolink IP NVR/camera integration
  • (Doorbell) Binary Sensor: Shelly 1 using Shelly integration

Regarding HomeKit I have the following yaml configuration:

- name: Tuerklingel
  port: 21063
  mode: accessory
  filter:
    include_entities:
      - camera.klingel_sub
  entity-config:
    camera.klingel_sub:
      name: Tuerklingel
      support_audio: true
      linked_doorbell_sensor: binary_sensor.shelly_klingel_oben_input

Now I scan the QR code and add the camera to the “Home” app on my iPhone. This works fine in the first step, the camera is displayed (audio is missing, but that shall not be the main topic right now) and I can watch the stream. The camera has a motion sensor (although not configured in my HomeKit yaml) but no doorbell sensor (see attachment below) as configured with “linked_doorbell_sensor” in my yaml, so I am not able to let the Shelly input ring my HomePods & iPhone.

For me it looks like my yaml configuration is partly ignored. Does the Reolink integration somehow preconfigure the camera sensors and “overwrites” the sensor parts in yaml configuration? When I am right, there are two different camera types in HomeKit: ip camera and video doorbell. It might be that my doorbell is somehow configured as an ip camera.

To sum up my main question is the following:
How can I aggregate my Reolink Camera + Shelly input to a video doorbell with HA core tools? I know there might be other possibilities using Node-RED but from the documentation I do not see any reason why this couldn’t be done by HA core already.

The picture shows how it currently looks like in the Home app without doorbell sensor and how it shall look like with doorbell sensor (my current Homebridge doorbell):

Does anyone have already experienced this? I will be pleased to get some support from the community.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
campbellbs

I have the same problem.

Did you found an solution?