HomeKit - entities not responding

Hello folks!

I have the following setup:
HA - 0.110.7
Home Assistant Supervised - 227
Running on: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with Docker - through ethernet connection.
iPad 2019 acting as HomeHUB - through WiFi connection

My recent problem is that after the integration has been installed, the entities and devices bridged from HA tend to go to a “No Response” state - I try to re-load the Home app, and every now and then the devices come online. What I have learnt is that when I adjust the options in the integrations menu, and save changes the devices come online - for a few minutes. What is interesting, is that I also have an AQARA HUB (lumni1) connected as a bridge, and devices bridged through there are always active.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

I seem to be having a similar issue. I am now on my second go around of completely removing homebridge from homekit and repairing everything.

It seems like every time i turn around nothing is responding again. I just got home and used siri to turn the fans on and it worked fine, 15min later siri tells me they are not responding.

Are you using an Apple TV or an iPad? Also, on what platform are you running HA?

In the Home app I have 3 AppleTVs that show up as hubs.

HA is installed on a RaspberryPi 4 (4GB Ram)

ha I see - I use an iPad, some say that is the root cause of the issue?

Ok, it was a router issue - I have managed to bridge in a TP-Link wireless router with Dynamic IP address, and connect the iPad to it as well as HA. Now, everything is working flawlessly!

p.s.:how can I close this thread?:smiley:

1 Like

I have exact same problem. on the iPad “not responding” but on the home app in my iPhone everything work great. im also with tp-link so please tell me what you do

My homekit had been working great. I replaced my router with a TP-Link and now the Homekit isn’t working. I tried to repair it but unable too. Is there a setting in the TP-Link I need to add? My previous router did not have to do any of that if so.

Update: Found the cause and fixed it. Router setting related.

Oh my god. After several hours of searching around, I found this little paragraph on Homekit Integration. It mentioned something about IGMP settings in routers can cause not responding in accessories. Put that into the search box along with my router brand (TP-Link) and another keyword popped up. IPTV

I have seen that word in my router settings but know nothing of it. The top 3 boxes were checked from the below image. Once I uncheck them all. My accessories are working again. Does anyone know how to configure this with them enable?

Thank you, this led me on the right track.
My iPhone would periodically not be able to connect to HomeKit devices.

I had to enable IGMP Snooping on my Unifi UDM.