Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

please tell me what’s wrong the button is not visible the code if I’m not mistaken is correct

redownload browser_mod

Please post in English.

well done already

1 Like

Are you using any templates in those buttons? Or non existing entities? The button will fail to render if a template is incorrect.

NOTE:

HKI is compatible with HA 2023.12.x, before updating to this version please make sure to update lovelace_gen in HACS. Failing to do so will break your setup.

I did the updates this morning and it killed my dashboard

Are you on the latest or beta? If latest then downgrade lovelace_gen!

Hi Jim, the dashboard is up and running again. The only thing that is not functioning properly is when clicking on one of the pop ups. They show up but with a very strange lay-out:

Any idea what’s causing this? I’m on the latest version of HA.

Hi Jim et al.,

Again, thank you so much for sharing your code and platform!

I seem to be having some issues with the thermostat add-on (and probably the code in the hki-button template.

Background:

• Core2023.12.4
  • Supervisor 2023.12.0
  • Operating System 11.2
  • Frontend 20231208.2
  • Latest homekit infused (6.3)
  • Using nearly all of the pre-defined stuff from the repository from Jim

The problem:

Recently I gained issues with the thermostat card (the normal one, provided by home assistant) whereby the card couldn’t handle all three topic for the temperature in the mqtt climate yaml config https://community.home-assistant.io/t/mqtt-climate-card-broken-for-temperature-changes-ebusd/656133?u=benv

The solution was to delete temperature_state_topic, to make the card work again.

temperature_state_topic: "iot/ebusd/boiler/370/DisplayedHc1RoomTempDesired"
  temperature_low_state_topic: "iot/ebusd/boiler/370/Hc1NightTemp"
  temperature_high_state_topic: "iot/ebusd/boiler/370/Hc1DayTemp"

Now because of this, the code in the template part of the hki-button.yaml didn’t work anymore (I modified it a bit below which temperature I wanted) because this temperature is not available anymore for all of my thermostat cards… makes sense… as i changed it for all my thermostat cards.

{% if label is defined %}
label: {{ label|tojson }}
{% elif ('light.' in entity) %}
label: "[[[ if (typeof(entity) === 'undefined') return; if ('brightness' in entity.attributes) { if (entity.attributes && (entity.attributes.brightness <= 255)) { var bri = Math.round(entity.attributes.brightness / 2.55); return (bri ? bri : '0') + '%'; } } ]]]"
{% elif ('cover.' in entity) %}
label: "[[[ if (entity.attributes.current_position === '0') return; else return (entity.attributes.current_position) + '%' ]]]"
{% elif ('climate.' in entity) or ('button_type' == 'thermostat') %}
label: "[[[ if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'heat_cool') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.temperature}°`; if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'auto') return `${states['sensor.ebusd_desired_room_temperature'].state}°`; if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'heat') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.temperature}°`; if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'cool') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.temperature}°`; else return `--` ]]]"

#label: "[[[ if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'heat_cool') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.target_temp_low}° - ${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.target_temp_high}°`; if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'heat') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.temperature}°`; if (states['{{entity}}'].state == 'cool') return `${states['{{entity}}'].attributes.temperature}°`; else return `--` ]]]"
{% else %}

Now to circumvent this, I wanted to hardcode the label (I made a separte mqtt sensor for the temp I want to have for one of my cards) inside the button itself (this should overrule the template right?) however this doesn’t seem to work and it keeps using the template (which doesn’t work).

addons:
    button:
      - title: Thermostats
        entities:
          - entity: climate.cv
            icon: mdi:fire
            # attribute: state
            state_display: |
              [[[
                return states['climate.cv'].state
              ]]]
            label: |
              [[[
                return states['sensor.ebusd_desired_room_temperature'].state;
              ]]]
            type: thermostat

Also i could start with modifying the template, but seems like a lot of work as this willl be used by 3 separate climate entities. Any ideas on why the hardcode doesn’t seem to take?

Thanks for taking a look!

Ben

I read on the Discord that this is due to HA changing themes. The dark theme still looks fine.

Small bump, no ideas?

Hi Jim,

Small question, did you ever get the chance to put the code for these nice device cards online? Would love to develop some further on your design.

Many thanks,!

Ben

I can’t get my device counters to show up in all entities for my phone. I included my garage and blinds and they only show up on full screen and not on my phone.

Hi, unfortunately that is by design. Since I couldnt really make it in such a way that it would only show what was necessary at that time I had opted for the message filter instead (so clicking on the messages filter will also take you to the page that shows what is currently going on).

I am also no longer planning to update HKI 5 to change it as I am working on a complete redesign.

For the ones interested in what the redesign might look like, here are some example screenshots of what is to come.

1 Like

when do you think this wil be ready? It looks great

Thanks,

Well not sure yet, I am almost finished with the design. I will then need to clean up a LOT of code and then template it. So it might take a while.

Any update on this?

Hi Jim, I really appreciate your hard work on this amazing dashboard, I have been using it for about a year as main UI of Home Assistant on 4 screens around my flat.
I hope the update will come out soon especially now when some of the features stopped working after updating to HA 2024.09. Any idea when the new Homekit Infused version will be released?