Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Gotcha, I am probably going to do something similar but with the cch media queries.

The button you show should take you to the climate view. If you do not see any elements you have to make sure you have thermostat-card and mini-graph-card installed. You will have to enter known entities for them to show up (unknown entities will not be shown at all and no errors will be given, its just the way those custom cards work).

If you do not use an external temp sensor like I do for your climate, you will have to edit the climate decluttering template and remove this line:

ambient_temperature: '[[ambient_temperature]]'

The code you have sent seems fine, it just doesnā€™t have an ambient sensor and that might be the reason it doesnā€™t work. Remove the line from climate-template.yaml and see if it works.

Yes you could make an entire view solely for a tablet if you so wish with CCH. I just thought adding that adding only 20 lines would improve performance massively over adding a bunch of code in a new view. However, what you could do to minimize code is to cut some files into pieces and use includes so it will use the same piece of code similar like a decluttering card (this is just faster and has a smaller footprint).

That is what I have already been doing. Iā€™ve trimmed my own config down quite a bit. I have it very easy to make new views and include sections I want.

Before with the conditional cards and the need to use card-loader it was not very practical to make the landscape view. I had no idea you could have navigate view as an option for the button card. When I saw that in yours I moved mine that direction also but I did a few things slightly different.

If your curious: https://gitlab.shane.app/home-server/hass-config/tree/master/lovelace

Thanks for all the inspiration and work youā€™ve done. It was hard for me to grasp how to use all the custom cards together before I found yours. Some I didnā€™t even know existed.

I want to go the CCH route so I can use my same user.

Oh, just discovered this also: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-layout-card

Thanks for fast feedback :slight_smile:
I did change the climate-template with no luck and i have installed mini-graph-card and thermostat-card.
mini-graph-card works great for my energy.yaml.
All the climate entities are know they will just not show.

Ah yeah, that looks great. Funny because before uploading this latest version to Github I actually thought of doing it more like that. I did not do it for the sole purpose of making it easier to use for people that download this. I found that my previous config raised so many questions that it took me a lot of time answering questions that looked easy for me but difficult for others (which I completely understand). The way I use it now is there are views and templates. Thatā€™s it!. Yeah resources and popup-cards remain apart, but honestly there is nothing in there and I will remove those cards entirely in the future.

Based on the feedback I got so far most of it is pretty easy to install now (I canā€™t test this, so unfortunately I canā€™t really tell). But Iā€™ve been told that it was very hard 2 days ago and much easier now. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible without overcomplicating with too many folders.

Honestly I prefer your way, and I might do that as well. I will take a look at that layout card again. I have seen it before but might be useful now that I have more experience with lovelace.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

I will look into this, might check if I can reproduce with a single climate entity. Could you send me a screenshot of what you do see? So I can see what your screen actually looks like. That would be great.

This is all i see:

Just need to figure out how to get it to show. Then i can start to designing the rest.

Did you add the view in ui-lovelace.yaml? It looks something like !include /lovelace/views/climate.yaml

There it was! i was 100% sure that i had that in my code.
It is usually the small things that are missing.

Sorry about that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about it, it happens to me all the time. Great that you got it now!

Only minor changes today, upcoming changes will be mostly ironing out the current design and doing small fixes. I will also try to clear up templates to make it even easier to understand and maintain. All of this work will be minor changes only (unless I get some crazy idea again). But for now just chill and enjoy the last major update. Here is a fix to that:

Changes (07/08/2019)

• Replaced automations.yaml file with a current one. There seemed to be duplicate automations in the old one. Use parts from this one instead.
  • Edited climate-template.yaml to reflect the new hvac changes that were introduced in HA some time ago. Automations that go with this have been updated as well.
  • Added up to date custom cards to the community folder (yes some people seem to want to copy these instead of using HACS like I asked you to do so, so there you go)
    (*note: you can NOT copy the hacs folder from custom_components from my repo, it will NOT work, please download your own session of HACS)
1 Like

I will be giving this version numbers from now on instead of upload dates. This makes it easier for me to keep track of what I have uploaded etc. Also I will be including update guides to make updating easier from one version to the other. See the first update guide below. This will also make it easier for people that have missed updates as I will keep these update guides in a log on my repo. Enjoy the summer!

Changes 09/08/2019:

v. 0.1a

• Moved the Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner zoned cleaning map out of the swipe-card into its own view. Swipe-card would not allow for this card to be used properly.
  • Moved PostNL out of the swipe-card in the personal views so that photos of letters can now be used. Swipe-card would not allow for this card to be used properly.
  • Small changes to the quickmenu on the personal views, the left button will now take you to the PostNL view.
  • Small changes to the quickmenu on the vacuum view, the left button will now take you to the manual zoned cleaning view.
  • Small changes to the quickmenu on the dog view, the left button will now take you to the right view.
  • Added a brand new weather view (this is not the weather view on the frontpage, that one is still up for rework)

Update Guide from 07/08/2019 to 0.1a:

Please read this first. In all changed files there is a # Changed/Added in 0.1. Change/Add these lines in your own files. With the exception of vacuum.yaml these are relatively small changes and mostly be just 3 to 5 lines each page. Find these tags in any of the files that have changed so you can easily change/add your own lines/files.
This is true for every file below. Note: If it says a file has changed but there are no comments, than it is most likely you only need to remove lines. Below you can read which lines/stacks you will need to remove.
I am only human, I do this for hobby, am an amateur and bound to make mistakes. If you find anything missing to the information below feel free to make suggestions.

Added Views: (these are new views and do not require editing)

• Added vacuum-zoned-cleaning.yaml
  • Added weather.yaml
  • Added postnl-jimmy.yaml
  • Added postnl-stephanie.yaml

Added Resources:

Changed:

• Changed ui-lovelace.yaml (add all the added views above to this file with !includes just like the other views)
  • Changed resources.yaml (add all the added resources above to this file, please use HACS)
  • Changed stephanie.yaml (see comments in the file)
  • Changed jimmy.yaml (see comments in the file)
  • Changed vacuum.yaml (see comments in the file and remove the complete zoned cleaning, the one with the map, vertical stack from the swipe-card)
  • Changed automations.yaml (Tado commands were broken due to the new hvac stuff from 0.96.x, this has been adjusted, for convenience these automations have been moved to the bottom of the file, please remove your old ones)
  • Changed climate-template.yaml (This fixes the hvac states on the thermostat-card for tado radiators on the HK controller, might not work for your specific radiator)
  • Changed switch-template.yaml (added a template for margin-top on a name)
  • Changed person-more-info.yaml (remove the complete PostNL vertical stack from the swipe-card)
  • Changed tala.yaml (this is the dog view, see comments in the file)
1 Like

Awesome, thanks for update guide, definitely makes it easier to find which things you have and have not touched.

Now to start on getting the vacuum card to work, I have been holding off since I havenā€™t taken the time to figure out the coordinates of my Roborock yetā€¦

Flovevac can help you, verry easy, just Google it

Hey Jim ,

Any reason you havent !included the cch: config?

using this myself, and works very nicely as far as I experience:

cch: !include lovelace/includes/compact_custom_header.yaml

Currently cch resides on ui-lovelace.yaml. I didnt see a reason to change that.

sure, works fine of course. Since you have included everything else, I thought you might have had a special reason not to :wink:
Main reasons for me were ease of maintainability, less error prone in case if edit errorsā€¦ and of course consistency: No config settings in the main ui-lovelace fileā€¦ :wink:

anyways, thanks for you setup!

You are right, but I am actually experimenting with this a bit. My previous config had so many includes that I would get lost myself. People that gave feedback found it way too hard to copy my setup. This has become significantly easier (though it still is not for the beginner).

Anyways thank you for your feedback, I take all feedback into consideration for the next releases.

Not sure it asked already, but how are you getting video?