Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

A video of what if I may ask?

Camera feeds. I have nest and IP cameras. I’ve tried some pieces of configs with no luck. I still need to play with HA some more.

If you have camera entities you can simply add a picture-entity to your lovelace config and use your camera entity as entity. It will show an image every 15 seconds I believe and it will stream when you click on it. You will need to have those camera’s configured before that though. Please check here for some more information.

Find information about this here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/camera/ and here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/generic/

1 Like

Release v0.1b 11/08/2019

Changes 11/08/2019:

• Added missing images to the images folder
  • Changed back-button.yaml templating to be used everywhere instead of 4 different templates.
  • Changed mini-graph-template.yaml to easily change between bar styles
  • Added Clock for tablets on the 5 main views (climate, frontpage, lights, devices and security)
  • Changed vacuum.yaml for tablets
  • Changed graph type in energy.yaml

Update Guide from 0.1a to 0.1b:

Please read this first. In all changed files there is a # Changed/Added in 0.1b. Change/Add these lines in your own files. With the exception of vacuum.yaml these are relatively small changes and mostly be just 3 to 5 lines each page. Find these tags in any of the files that have changed so you can easily change/add your own lines/files.
This is true for every file below. Note: If it says a file has changed but there are no comments, than it is most likely you only need to remove lines. Below you can read which lines/stacks you will need to remove.
I am only human, I do this for hobby, am an amateur and bound to make mistakes. If you find anything missing to the information below feel free to make suggestions.

Added Views: No additions in this release

Added Resources: No extra resources in this release

Added Templates

• Added simple-weather-card-template (the purpose of this and some of the changes below is to make the frontpage easier to configure)

Changed:

*Templates:
*if you do not change templates I provide you can always just copy these files without the need of checking the code

• Changed back-button.yaml (it was actually back-button2.yaml but renamed it to back-button.yaml, the other 2 templates have been removed. The quickmenu will now always use a single template. Easy no? Copy this file over your old one)
  • Changed back-button.yaml (now every button is configurable very easy please look at this file to see the new variables available)
  • Changed mini-graph-template.yaml (see comments in the file, added option in template to easily change between line or bars in the graph)

*Views:
*views contain information about your own entities, do not just copy this!

• Changed lights.yaml (lights with a brightness value now use the switch-template instead. ALL buttons now use a single template. Add the lines in the comments to your lights with a brightness value)

• Changed main-view.yaml (see comments in the file, added options for tablets, it now displays a clock on the frontpage)

• Changed energy.yaml (see comments in the file, changed graph style to bars instead of a line)

• Changed climate.yaml, lights.yaml, devices.yaml, security.yaml, menu.yaml and frontpage.yaml (the quickmenu now uses a single template, you will need to change all the previous ones, what needs to be changed will be commented)

• Changed vacuum.yaml (added tablet view)

• Changed the same 7 files above starting from climate.yaml to vacuum.yaml (in that order). (see comments in the file, in the middle of these files a clock has been added for use with tablets. You do not need this if you don’t use a tablet/browser)

• Changed all views that contain a quickmenu (in all views the template name has changed from back_button_2 to back_button. This is in most files line 7, correct all of the names to this. Do not forget to copy the new back-button.yaml template. Only views in the views folder are affected with the exception of notifications.yaml and main-view.yaml and ofc the views you worked on in the changes above)

Removed

• Removed back-button.yaml (replace this with the new one from this release)
  • Removed back-button2.yaml
  • Removed back-button3.yaml
  • Removed frontpage-quickmenu.yaml
  • Removed light-template.yaml
  • Please remove these same files from your decluttering_templates.yaml file (with the exception of the back-button.yaml)

Note: In every upcoming release I will change naming/folders and templates to be more consistent and easier to use. This update is one of the first which removes many templates in favor of a single one.

Preview of the changes to some tablet views (note: my tablet is too slow to run HA interface and screen recording at the same time. Sorry for the bad quality)
Tablet Preview: https://youtu.be/e7wUg8k1Tss

I want to personally thank everyone that have supported me through downloading my project, thanking me in person or getting me coffee’s with the button on top. I take pride in having helped so many people over the past few months and I get messages from you from all over the world. Remember I do not do this for a living but as a hobby so you can’t always expect me to know all. However all your support is keeping me motivated to continue. So thanks to all of you and in particular to the Home Assistant community and it’s devs!

I will annoy you people once more with an update though!

Release v0.11.0 13/08/2019

Changes 13/08/2019:

v. 0.11.0

• The simple weather card now has a tap_action available! Special thanks to @kalkih
  • Deep Press (3d Touch) has been updated and now fixes the double click. (please update this component via HACS) Special thanks to @roflcoopter
  • Added descriptive text on ALL decluttering-templates
  • Changed Homekit Gray Light theme to be light in the dashboard/config as well
  • Re-added a hold action to the third quick access menu button
  • Removed weather popup (it will now navigate you to the weather page)
  • Version names of these releases will now have the same notations as that HA did/does use. (e.g. 0.11.0)
  • PostNL custom_component updated, but I still urge you to get it from @ptnijssen’s own repo!

Update Guide from 0.1b to 0.11.0:

Please read this first. In all changed files there is a # Changed/Added in 0.11.0. Change/Add these lines in your own files. With the exception of vacuum.yaml these are relatively small changes and mostly be just 3 to 5 lines each page. Find these tags in any of the files that have changed so you can easily change/add your own lines/files.
This is true for every file below. Note: If it says a file has changed but there are no comments, than it is most likely you only need to remove lines. Below you can read which lines/stacks you will need to remove.
I am only human, I do this for hobby, am an amateur and bound to make mistakes. If you find anything missing to the information below feel free to make suggestions.

Added Views: No additions in this release

Added Resources: No extra resources in this release

Added Templates: No additions in this release

Changed:

*Templates: if you do not change templates I provide you can always just copy these files without the need of checking the code, Unless when there are added variables!

• Changed person-more-info.yaml (renamed namesensor to emailsensor, removed mailsensor as haveibeenpwned no longer works without paying)
  • Changed header-template.yaml (hardcoded a white color, only do this if you do not use light wallpapers)
  • Changed simple-weather-card-template.yaml (hardcoded tap_action with navigation, you can change the navigation path in this card)
  • Changed simple-weather-card-template.yaml (now has the theme colors coded in to make it more consistent with the rest of the theme)
  • Changed back-button.yaml (the hold_action is now back on the third button as requested)
  • Changed ALL decluttering templates to have more detailed information and defaults (also you can find all usable variables here. You do not need this if you update, it is only informative, all changes you do need are marked with # Changed/Added in 0.11.0)

*Views: views contain information about your own entities, do not just copy this!

• Changed jimmy.yaml (removed mailsensor and renamed namesensor to emailsensor)
  • Changed stephanie.yaml (removed mailsensor and renamed namesensor to emailsensor)
  • Changed main-view.yaml (removed popup cards leading to the weather card, You must remove this or paths get broken and lovelace will not load unless you still have the original file it led to)
  • Changed main-view.yaml (added hold_action to the third button of the quick access menu)

*Resources: if you use the exact same cards, you can use this config!

• Changed resources.yaml (simple-weather-card.js has been renamed to simple-weather-card-bundle.js)

*Configuration: you probably do not need to copy this, I just upload it for my personal reference.

• Changed sensor.yaml (removed all unused/non-working sensors/platforms)

*Themes: if you do not touch themes, you can safely copy this over your old one.

• Changed original-hk-light.yaml (this is the original Homekit theme I made, now menu/dashboard and dev-state colors are light instead of dark when this theme is active)

Removed

• Removed weather-temporary.yaml (well the name said it, it was temporary. The fixes in simple-weather-card made this card no longer needed)
2 Likes

Sorry, two quick updates in a row. There were some bugs in 0.11.0 so I fixed them quickly. To update this config please use the update guides and do it version by version. So if you are on 0.1b and want to go to 0.11.1 please update to version 0.11.0 first, Yes even if it still contains these errors! Do NOT skip versions or you will find yourself crying. You can find all update guides and releases on my repo.

Quick link to all my releases: https://github.com/jimz011/homeassistant/releases
Quick link to all update guides: https://github.com/jimz011/homeassistant/tree/master/update-guides

Release v. 0.11.1

• Fixed some bugs with simple-weather-card.yaml (Cityname can only be hardcoded as this file is an !include, my bad)
  • Added more options in mini-graph-template.yaml (it has now a ton of extra variables so you don’t have to template yourself)
  • Changed energy.yaml (now entities have a min/max state shown, you can do this with the new ‘extrema’ mode, feedback told me it might impact performance)
  • Fixed typo in person-more-info.yaml (this would cause Lovelace to show an error and not load the page)

Update Guide from 0.11.0 to 0.11.1:

Please read this first. In all changed files there is a # Changed/Added in 0.11.1. Change/Add these lines in your own files. With the exception of vacuum.yaml these are relatively small changes and mostly be just 3 to 5 lines each page. Find these tags in any of the files that have changed so you can easily change/add your own lines/files.

Changed:

*Templates:
*if you do not change templates I provide you can always just copy these files without the need of checking the code, Unless when there are added variables!

• Changed mini-graph-template.yaml (now it has more variables set to use with your decluttering cards, just copying this will not have any impact on your current config. Unless you have changed this file before)
  • Changed simple-weather-card-template.yaml (hardcoded the cityname back in and changed description of the file)
    *Views:
    *views contain information about your own entities, do not just copy this!
  • Changed enery.yaml (it now shows min/max values, enable this by setting extrema to true, see comments in the file. Warning this might impact lovelace performance)
1 Like

Is there a ‘howto’ install this from scratch somewhere??
I tried to ftp the files to HA but then I see them in configurator edit the important files, reboot, and they are all gone and back to my ‘old’ setup?? HACS and all custom components are installed already
 I use hass.io on a rasp py

To be honest there is no easy way. Though I have tried to make the instructions as easy as possible. Please read the instructions on my repo.

i started with just coping over the lovelace folder
then edited my resources and config.yamk to point to new lovelace view
so i didnt overwrite a thing of my excisting folders/files

first start is verry ugly , then just edit page a page

How do you get the notifications to pop up everytime there is some new info? I have got the markdown card working but i cant figure out how you are getting them to pop up.
I am not using declutting.

Hope you can give me some clues :slight_smile:

You should use conditional cards for that. How to do that you can find here.

Did you set yaml mode in configuration.yaml?

You can not use this with the GUI editor. You will need to use yaml mode instead of storage mode. Please read my documentation on how to do that.

Hello again, another update and this will be the last for a few days I promise.
I had a lot of feedback the past few days from many people here on the forums and on my discord/whatsapp channels. One of the major requests was if it would be possible to have less frequent smaller updates. So to listen to your feedback, I will do updates once a week but they will be slightly bigger than the small updates I provide now.

Another request was if it was possible to use other payment methods to donate to. I have put a lot of hours in this project and I put the same amount of hours to share this with you (and writing docs/updates etc). Remember that I do this for fun, support me if you want, just know I don’t do it for donations, I do this because I like you people to enjoy HA just as much as I do, but without investing the same amount of time in it than I did. A little word of appreciation will make me equally as happy. I have provided a paypal link on the repo for those who really want to support me.

Remember, every file described below has #comments, use these comments as guidelines for your update!

Release v0.11.2 14/08/2019

Changes Overview 14/08/2019:

v. 0.11.2

• Fixed colors for white themes on graphs and headers
  • Changed colors in weather/postnl to match theme colors
  • Changed grid on light/device buttons (state and label are now aligned horizontally)
  • Added buienradar iframe
  • Fixed security button not showing when alarm was armed
  • Changed the way of showing brightness (it now only shows if a light is on), Special thanks to @ jeroenklompen and @ marswarrior (tweakers.net) for sharing this code, unfortunately I do not know their HA community names (srry)
  • White themes now have a white dashboard/configuration/sidebar

Update Guide from 0.11.1 to 0.11.2:

Please read this first. In all changed files there is a # Changed/Added in 0.11.2. Change/Add these lines in your own files. Most changes are relatively small. Find these tags in any of the files that have changed so you can easily change/add your own lines/files.

Added

*Includes: if you use the same configuration as I do, you can just copy these files

• New includes folder
  • brightness-label.yaml (this is the new brightness label, brightness now only shows when ON, the reason it is an include is to declutter the light.yaml file)
  • light-device-grid.yaml (this is the new grid used for lights and devices, it will make state and label show horizontally on the same line, the reason it is an include is so you can use it elsewhere if required)

Changed:

*Templates: if you do not change templates I provide you can always just copy these files without the need of checking the code, Unless when there are added variables!

• Changed header-template.yaml (color is now variable, you will have to add the following line in all your themes ‘header-color: white’ or copy the ones from the repo)
  • Changed switch-template.yaml (grid is now a template, see comments in the file they are marked with a version number. This is to make other grids possible)
  • Changed mini-graph-template.yaml (hardcoded color is now removed, nothing replaces this as it will use global theme colors now)

*Views: views contain information about your own entities, do not just copy this!

• Changed lights.yaml (labels have been changed to the new format with includes, grid changed for ALL entities, use the included files in the includes folder with this)
  • Changed devices.yaml (grid changed for ALL entities)
  • Changed energy.yaml (graphs now have the same size and font, decimals are set to 0 and a blank card is added to the bottom for a better smartphone view)
  • Changed frontpage.yaml (the security button is now back in the quick access menu when the alarm is armed, this was gone by mistake)
  • Changed weather.yaml (added headers to the cards, added buienradar iframe)
  • Changed postnl-jimmy/stephanie.yaml (the postnl card now has a background matching the theme set)

*Themes: if you use the same themes, just copy these.

• Changed ALL themes (added the following line: ‘header-color: white’)
  • Changed ALL white themes (now all white themes have a white dashboard/configuration screen)

*Other: unnecessary, but might be useful for some.

• Changed all remaining decluttering cards that did not have descriptive text (added descriptive text, you don’t need this in any way, it is just informative)
  • Changed all decluttering cards (parameters have been renamed to variables, you don’t need this in any way, it is just informative)

Some screenshots of this update:

3 Likes

Mars Warrior here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nice update. We are becoming digital twins regarding layout & styling, although using our own templates and setup. Goal seems to be the same :rofl:

I did post some screenshots here

1 Like

Very nice, I really like how you did your themes. It makes me want to rewrite my themes as well as they are pretty raw now.

Your themes will inspire me to make my own. I also “borrowed” your code for the brightness values (the one that shows nothing when a light is off, thank you for that).

I have mentioned you in my notes, though I wasn’t sure if you were the same Mars Warrior that is on tweakers.

dont change to much!! :slight_smile:

Don’t worry I am pretty happy where the project is standing. The only thing I don’t like is my theme :stuck_out_tongue: (well yes the colors I do like, just not the way it is written). In that matter coding with material-design standards seem like a much better approach.

As I wrote on Tweakers, with a design background, I started with the theming as I wanted to separate the looks from the functionality. It was a lot of work to do that, as I had to rewrite all my templates.

On the other hand my views & cards have gotten a lot better: much less yaml code!

And we both seem to like what Apple did with homekit :grinning:.

That is what github is all about: sharing idea’s!
It is the first time I published my designs on Github btw.

On most forums there is only 1 Mars Warrior, or MarsWarrior, or MarsRocks :rofl:

Like on most forums there is only 1 jimzz or jimz011 :stuck_out_tongue:.

Did you move away from popup cards because they in turn can’t open their own popups? I just started implementing some of your layout and tried to do it without all the views since that seemed a bit much for me, but now I’m starting to rethink