Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Hi @jimz011

Amazing view!!!
Can you please help, can you please tell me what is the 3 colors below picture, and also share the background.

i tried looking and didn’t found.

All cards use the same color with the exception of notifications (number 4). They are a linear gradient with color rgb(100,100,100).

They are currently not available on my repo but they will be within 36 hours.

As a sidenote: the wallpaper is already on my repo! You can find them in the www/images folder

1 Like

Thank you @jimz011 , and the text color of number 3 in the picture?

the entities colors climate, light etc, can you please tell what is the color?

It is called: AliceBlue

You can find most of the colors I use in the following folder on my repo

configuration/themes/theme-name.yaml

1 Like

I am unable to fix brightness part. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

It would be helpful if you’d share your code :rofl::joy:

- type: horizontal-stack
            cards:        
              - type: custom:decluttering-card
                template: button-template
                variables:
                  - entity: light.living_room_one
                  - name: One
                  - icon: mdi:sofa
                  - color: auto
                  - size: 30%
                  - label: !include lovelace/includes/brightness-label.yaml
                  - grid:
                      !include lovelace/includes/light-devices-grid.yaml
# This is the brightness label used on light entities.
# With this template it will only show a label whenever
# a light is 'on'. It will not display a label when a 
# light is 'off'.

#### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #

# Card Config
# Do NOT change this unless you know what you are doing!
"[[[ if (typeof(entity) === 'undefined') return; if ('brightness' in entity.attributes) { if (entity.attributes && (entity.attributes.brightness <= 255)) { var bri = Math.round(entity.attributes.brightness / 2.55); return (bri ? bri : '0') + '%'; } } ]]]"

I did not change anything. As far as I know I just copy and paste unless I am missing some kind of custom-card.

If you did copy it exactly without changing, could you look at which version of button-card you have? If you run an old version it doesn’t work as templating within the button-card has changed a while back.

Edit: Make sure the light has a brightness value. If it doesn’t have it (e.g. it can only switch on/off) then you can not use that label on that specific light. You will need to omit the label variable if it does not have a brightness value.

Homekit Infused Release v. 0.13.0

Hello everyone, the long wait is over as the release is finally here the 0.13.0 update of my Homekit Infused setup. I am terribly sorry that it took such a long time, as you might know I had a flu, I had a week full of fixing network/server problems and ofc I still have a normal job. But lets not dwell and talk about this update, as this update changes a lot in terms of… well, in terms of many things. The setup has a lot of new features, a boatload of fixes and improvements and just way too much to summarize in a single phrase (or even a few phrases for that matter). While we are at it I will mention that if you have just started to adopt my setup, you are probably better of starting over with the newer files as updating from 0.12.3 to 0.13.0 will probably take a lot of time, a lot of tries, a lot of errors (because this update should be done carefully!) and maybe a lot of sweat and swearing. But I will try to be as thorough as possible in the guide. If you are someone that has adopted my setup in the past than you will have to follow the guide with absolute care! WARNING!!! MAKE A BACKUP so that you can ALWAYS go back to your working setup. If you don’t find the time to do it in a single day, you can simply copy what you have done to a separate folder, put the backup back so that you are not without a working HA frontend and continue the next day! I will repeat MAKE A FREAKIN' BACKUP. DO NOT TAKE THIS UPDATE LIGHTLY, COMPARE YOUR FILES CAREFULLY!!!
I hope you enjoy this release like I do. Remember that my project is still a work in progress! This means that files are bound to change often. Maybe one day I will find the time/will/means to make this setup a lot easier to configure, but for now you will have to do with what I’ve got. I will try to fix issues and or add features that are requested by you, and this release is no different. So lets get into it!

Extra Note:

• Releases get reviewed by people that adopt my releases. I do not have the time to review all releases myself, I have a full-time job and work on HA at the same time (oh and did I mention all the support I give on HA problems on various channels like discord/slack/whatsapp?). So please if you find anything missing in the update files or docs open an issue on my repo and it will be added/changed. Also note that in some cases I did not mark the changes, there are so many changes sometimes that it is better to just read my guides. Follow them and you will be fine. Thank you for your patience.

Changes Overview 30/09/2019:

v. 0.13.0

• Completely rewritten themes (with a very very special thanks to @AmoebeLabs for the inspiration)
  • Ability to have icon and color templates within buttons
  • Fixed some older templates for issues that people had when having a too different entity name
  • New printer popup with ink levels (thanks to @ Jeroen Klompen and Stephan for sharing their code)
  • New air quality sensor and card
  • New afvalbeheer (dutch garbagecollection) sensors and cards
  • New widgetpanel (in the style of Apple’s own widgets, experimental)
  • New theme editor with awesome real-time card switchers (add shadow, change border-radius and/or add glow with an easy drop-down menu)
  • Fixed remote control panel (the ATV finally works with tvOS 13, although only semi-working, sufficient for using it with a remote again)
  • Dynamic frontpage button depending on state (e.g. when the tv turns on, the ‘cleaning’ button will change to a ‘remote control’ button. This is experimental)
  • Added Computers/Servers page in the menu (early stage)
  • Added Automations to menu (for some reason this hasn’t been in HKI since a while, I never thought of it until I needed it, if you had this from a very old setup, well it is back and fixed)
  • Reworked download center (it has a graph and more sensors now, experimental)
  • New theme: disable global themes. Use this theme if you prefer to have personal themes instead of a backend-selected theme. (in this version border-radius, shadows and glow can not be set with a personal theme, this will change in the future)
  • Added New Valetudo live vacuum map for Xiaomi robots (You NEED to root your vacuum for this, without rooting this is not going to work and you should omit the changes that come with this, thanks @ Chris Smit for telling me how to root the vacuum)
  • Added notification badge to the frontpage to the 4 buttons on the first row, it will show you how many devices are currently on in that specific category
  • Added new popup to those same 4 buttons, if a hold_action/deep_press is done on any of those 4 buttons you will see a popup with all the lights that are currently on
  • And many many fixes and improvements overall, as usual you should read the update guide for a detailed overview of the changes.
  • All lovelace addons can be fully updated again as all developers have fixed their addons for use with iOS 13, yay!

As usual all details and changes can be found in the update guide.

Update Guide Click Here

The video supporting this update will come within a day with more details. If you can’t wait and want to see a rough overview of what has changed you can watch the video from last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VJQe3nSF_s&t=136s

Thanks for the patience and enjoy this release!

2 Likes

Hi,

Would you mind share the code for color, i can’t find it.

Thank you !!!

You can find all the colors for those notification cards in the following file: /lovelace/notifications/notifications.yaml

Every card has a different color.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m loving your work so far. I’ve set up most of my pages how I like it, but I can’t figure out how to change the themes. All my pages are the default lovelace white right now. I’ve copied themes.yaml, the themes, includes, and template folders into my HA, along with the input_select variables. What am I missing?

Do you have this in your configuration.yaml?

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_named configuration/themes

Yes, I have that. I also have background: var(--background-image) in my ui-lovelace.yaml. I even tried copy and pasting your 03.lights.yaml page to my HA to see if it works, no dice.

yeah, also having diffculties, indeed, also included new themes, also created those exta input_selects in config , then changed the button.yaml template ; omg, all buttons were just blanc :slight_smile:
no text on it, no icon … just a blanc button, verry strange

Ok for the buttons to show you will have to make sure the following things are working properly:

themes > if the sidebar changes color it is likely it does work. You can call a service to change the backend theme to test it also make sure you have copied my themes and images (folder wallpapers)

frontend.set_theme
{"name":"Space Gray"}

input_selects > make sure you have copied all the input_selects that belongs to the theme selector

automations > make sure you copy all the automations that belong to the theme selector (at the bottom of the automations file, yes I will split up automations for easier access in a future release)

groups > although not Mandatory it will help stopping the day/night cycle if you don’t want to use the automatic settings

button card template > make sure you have the new template.

themes.yaml view > make sure you copy the code from that page to your own view.

You should have a working button card if you have done these steps!

If you want it to work for all other cards that take separate css (e.g. card-mod) you will have to change all the lines of code to that. Though they should be able to render even if you omit these changes.

Let me know if you still run into errors.

If you don’t use the automations I have included the theme selector will not work. To set themes you will have to either create automations for them or you can call them using a service-call (see post above). You could try to set up a theme in the sidebar before you try all this. If that works then it is likely you are missing automations.

thx, not using automations for themes, so can skip that part, i have the new “space gray” active
then overwrited, the button template, but then everything is gone

but gonna change now, line a line in that button template to see where it goes wrong

@pergola.fabio if you can not figure it out right now, you can change the default config in the button template.
Change the following variables in the default config:

border-radius: var(--border-radius)
box-shadow: none

this way at least the buttons will show. The selector will obviously not work if you set it like this, but at least you’ll have working buttons.