Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

As yes, re-read the specifics n that file and that it applies for the 4-person view. Doh! :see_no_evil:

just need to keep them in /themes rather than configuration/themes as this is where they are installed from HACS :+1:

Okay, I tested it on my PC.
On phone, that works perfectly.

Ah yes honestly the frontend I made is built specifically for phones! I will create a computer variant but need to get this bugfixed first. I will do it with exceptions in CH and just create separate views for tablets/pcā€™s. I figured that many people use tablets with a single view only simply because those are meant for a ā€œquickā€ overview of information and a ā€œquickā€ way to turn on/off some devices.

I donā€™t think anyone cares to open the view with certificate expiry dates on their tablet or for example the view that has the remote control. They all sound pretty useless on a wall mounted tablet to me. Whenever I create a tablet view it will have its own view(s). I have considered using a layout card for that, however as you know, I have a ā€œcustomā€ header that I have created with an entities card. Putting it in a layout card will create gaps on the sides which can not be overcome. I could force vertical and horizontal stacks though and that might be an option I consider, however I have seem pretty good tablet views that only holds scenes instead of switches as they are probably the prefered way for something like that.

Will need to play with it, but first the mobile ā€œappā€ which is the most important to me.

1 Like

It is where they already are (never knew HACS kept them in there) I just changed the path because I thought it was easier to setup :rofl::joy:

1 Like

@jimz011 thank youā€¦ just made all the changesā€¦ so much faster, pop-ups button pushes way more responsive. Thanks for your time and hard work!

EDIT: Seems we may be missing the ā€œ-this deviceā€ for for browser_mod pop-ups againā€¦ ill take a closer look tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah it seems button_header_badge.yaml is the only file missing

deviceID:
      - this

I will push that to tomorrows update (which will not only be a huge update *again, but also hopefully the final one before pulling it out of beta).

Tomorrows update is going to be great! (At least imo haha)

Not only will it be more fool-proof, but it also opens up possibilities for other users to create views/templates and share them as addons. This method also allows me to create views/templates in the future where all you would need to do is add the files and configure it with the global_config! Super handy and most of all very easy!

2 Likes

What iā€™m doing wrong to end up with this:

?

Top menu appear for a few seconds while a refresh the page.

The top menu is hidden by means of CH (a custom card) my setup doesnā€™t use the header in such a way and thus is hidden. It is not wrong, it is the expected behavior.

Though not having any menu buttons isnā€™tā€¦

1 Like

I fallowed the instructions from https://jimz011.github.io/homeassistant/installation.html step by step.
Only errors i get are:

Setup of hassio is taking over 10 seconds.
4:04 AM __main__.py (WARNING)
Setup of browser_mod is taking over 10 seconds.
4:04 AM __main__.py (WARNING)
Setup failed for python_script: Integration failed to initialize.
4:03 AM setup.py (ERROR)
Folder python_scripts not found in configuration folder
4:03 AM components/python_script/__init__.py (WARNING)

here is my configuration.yaml

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

light: !include lights.yaml
sensor: !include_dir_merge_named sensors/
group: !include_dir_merge_named groups/
automation: !include_dir_merge_named automation/
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
cover: !include covers.yaml
switch: !include switch.yaml

knx:

homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml

customizer:
  custom_ui: local

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_named configuration/themes/
  javascript_version: auto

stream:

lovelace_gen: !include_dir_merge_named global_config/

lovelace:
  mode: yaml

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 3
  exclude:
    domains:
      - automation

python_script:

browser_mod:

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Hi, if you call python_script: you should have this folder in your root-main configuration directory, and if you use the birthday calculation script you should have inside the python_script directory the date_countdown, if not, just comment the python_script: in your config.

2 Likes

@jimz011 i see that the light popup card has an upgrade, i am using your customized card, van tou share what you have changed So we can reproduce it when there are useful upgrades?

Yes I saw that, actually all I changed was to remove the popup wrapper and fullscreen elements.

The repo will be updated within 48 hours, I will keep you informed!

Thanks! thats all i needed to know :slight_smile:

In the new update there is an update that actually solves this, so no need to customize the card (i think)>

fullscreen boolean optional true If false it will remove the pop-up wrapper which makes it fullscreen

Ah that would be nice, I will look into that. Now all that would be left is the thermostat popup which has the same problem.

Also note: do NOT update to HA 105 beta just yet. It seems they have changed the way popup cards work and I think that @thomasloven might need to update browser_mod to work properly with that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s done.

1 Like

@thomasloven thanks, working absolutely fine. Where would we be without your great addons/mods?

Hi @jimz011 !
May I ask you on what config your HA runs ? Is it a RPI ?
I ask you that because on my RPI4 (4Go), activating lovelace_gen makes the UI very slow and a refresh very very slow :frowning:
My previous config with declutering-card was a lot fasterā€¦ Now, on a refresh, my RPI4 loads the CPU at 100% (seen with docker stats command of HassIO) until the refresh is doneā€¦

@thomasloven do you advice about that ?

Thank you guys for your work !

I run it in a vm. I5 4690. I run Windows Server 2016 in a VM on that same machine.

Above cpu, below memory. I use an ssd as well.

Tbh I donā€™t know how a pi performs. I have always had a server in some form or another. I saw it once at a friends place. I thought it was slow back then (he had a rpi3).

Edit: for me it performs slightly slower or on par with the actual (Apple) Home app.