Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Well, I was thinking this: “As a curiosity: how do you manage the laundry and/or the dish washing machine? A simple switch for sure won’t do it, as you need to set the programs, right?” but I think is almost impossible, or at least the effort doesn’t worth it - to smartify a programmable appliance. Reading the power consumption doesn’t make it controllable :wink:

Sure you won’t control its internal functions, but with power consumption indicators it would tell you when its done cleaning, or working, then to switch power off, or so on, as an example. I use it with my washing machine and works charm.
Any way not to keep on this since the subject is about the HKI. Have a great day.

@jimz011 for the notifications, do I need to translate /lovelace/notifications/notifications.yaml ?
Any way to disable some of them, since I don’t have them in my system? For example ones related to your “Johnny” - the vacuum cleaner or your dog :slight_smile:

@xyboox Yes, you could simply comment everything out, or create own notifications. I will move notifications to the global config in the next update (will only be a move though). As described in the documentation it is virtually impossible to automate notifications in the way that I have automated some of the views. You can edit the file at your own will.

As for the washingmachine status etc. I use a sonoff pow R2 to measure the power usage and based on that I know when the device is either running, drying or clean. You can find automations related to that on my personal branch on the repo.

Edit: and you are correct, I can’t control its internal functions, but tbh that isn’t necessary. You’d need to walk up to there to take out clothes anyway (or put in clothes) so the only purpose this serves is A. tell me how much energy the machines use and B. tell me when the machines are ready so I don’t have to guess (or accidentally heard the sound) when it is done.

1 Like

Cool, thanks!
In fact, the reason I wanted to know if there’s a way to handle the programs of an appliance was a more general one. Not interested only in a washing machine, but in any other alike. Especially in an automated espresso machine, but not only :wink:

1 Like

@jimz011 not a big deal, but it keeps bugging me though… the greeting in the home/header. It always says “Good morning” regardless of the time of day. Any idea why?

Do you have the automations and the input select set up for the greeting?

The automation config file is yet untouched, as in the repo.

What about the input_select? Did you change it?

It kinda depends on what version you are running.

If you had the alpha/beta you MUST remove all old files related to HKI (that includes automations, input_selects, input_booleans etc, etc). The new automations are all packaged now so you won’t have to edit that file in the future (and updates will be a lot easier as you can simply overwrite the old file).

Just make absolutely sure you don’t have duplicate keys (which means: having the same config twice). You can check the logs to see if there are duplicates (it won’t always show you though).

Other than that it should work out of the box as the triggers are time and nothing else.

@jimz011 running v1.0 RC - haven’t changed anything regarding the automations in /packages/homekit_infused/configuration.yaml

@Burningstone - nope. Should I?

Only if you want to change the greetings to your own language. If you didn’t touch it it should work.
Do the other automations work, like when you change the border radius or the theme?

Check the following, check if you have the following 2 entities:

automation.frontend_greeting
input_select.frontend_greeting

ok, here’s a difference I see: I DO HAVE input_select.frontend_greeting, but DO NOT have automation.frontend_greeting.
Don’t know if it matters but here goes: before installing HKI I did have some automations. Is it possible that somehow, that messed up the creation of automation.frontend_greeting ?

LE: on a second check, I do see an automation ( read-only though ) in Config/Automations, named Frontend Greeting and it was recently triggered ( 3 mins ago ).

Ah ok, well it might be possible that you have that automation twice (remnamt from older versions) make sure you don’t have that automation anywhere but in the package. If it is elsewhere you would have a double key (which means you have the automation twice) and that would fail.

I only have it in the package. And I haven’t older versions installed, I just set it up a couple of days ago for the first time.

That is odd, it should work. Try to change it manually and see what happens. You can do that with a service_call within the developer tools. Try input_select.next_option (or something like that) and then try to change it. After you have changed it see what the greeting does. I might recreate the sensor in the frontend in the future as that would be easier to change.

Calling the input_select.select_next service DOES effect the greeting in home page ( it does select the next option ).
I just saw there’s a v1.1. I’ll go ahead and try to update, will see how it behaves afterwards.

1 Like

Updating HIK doesn’t fix the greeting message for me. I’ll look into it more later. However, for now, I have a more pressing Q: is there a way to alter the target temperature for the thermostat ( aside using the 2 presets for 22 ( high ) and 11 ( low )?

Well yes, open the climate_view file in the global config folder and change the parameters there. You should be able to find it easily as the numbers are fixed to 22 and 11. Uncomment those lines and put a temperature of your choice. Remember to restart HA as that is required when changing global conf.