Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

I already have a yaml for resources, But for some reason, I’m getting error when trying to install ur dashboard.
I have all my resources in resources. yaml, I trayed adding

mode: storage
    resources: !include resources.yaml
    dashboards:
      homekit-infused:
        mode: yaml
        title: Homekit Infused
        icon: mdi:home-assistant
        show_in_sidebar: true
        filename: homekit-infused.yaml```

But it doesn't work, what am I missing?

It is because you need to set the storage mode to yaml. The docs were written for people that want to have both storage and yaml mode available. Putting resources in another file will only work on yaml mode.

I tried that already, didn’t work, gonna give it another try tommorow. I’m not near pc atm…

I can’t get it to work.
Here is a part of my configuration.
I’m getting an error: Custom element doesn’t exist: button-card
Can someone help me?

lovelace:
  dashboards:
    homekit-infused:
      title: Homekit Infused
      icon: mdi:home-assistant
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: homekit-infused.yaml
#  mode: yaml
  resources:
  - url: /local/community/lovelace-layout-card/layout-card.js
    type: module
  - url: /local/community/button-card/button-card.js
  - url: /local/community/sidebar-card/sidebar-card.js
  - url: /local/community/custom-header/custom-header.js?v=0.0.1
  - url: /local/community/mini-graph-card/mini-graph-card-bundle.js?v=0.9.4
  - url: /local/community/lovelace-auto-entities/auto-entities.js
  - url: /local/community/lovelace-card-mod/card-mod.js
  - url: /local/community/lovelace-card-tools/card-tools.js
  - url: /local/community/lovelace-layout-card/layout-card.js
  - url: /local/community/swipe-card/swipe-card.js

Hello guys! I can’t set up the lights view. I added all the lights inside the customize.yaml and created the file into views/lights… but the light view is still empty.

Can someone help me?

Screenshots

customize.yaml:
2020-09-10_92
homekit-infused\user\views\lights\lights-card.yaml:
2020-09-10_94

Dont use local/community as endpoint, use hacsfiles

So it would look like this

/hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js

Did you setup the room names in /user/config/room_config.yaml

Also, for faster support I will advise you guys to join our discord server. Link in the first post. There is a dedicated channel for this project.

HKI Framework 3.0.4

Changes:

• added support for the auto-fill fan addon
  • added support for the laundry card addon
  • added a few images to use for your setup (a refrigerator and freezer image has been added), these can be used with the addon above
  • added sort properties for all auto-fill addons (see the specific auto-fill addon documentation)
  • added support for the Android TV remote control addon
  • added input_selects for the media and person views
  • added input_selects for the upcoming vacuum addon
  • the new input_selects can be hidden (the style of these buttons will change in the future!) to hide these go into the hki settings and turn them off
  • fixed the button selector button styling to match the theme (ex. border-radius and box-shadow)
  • added a single homekit button addon (with a lot of customization options)
  • added customization options to the single homekit navigation button documentation
  • added separate documentation on stacks (horizontal/vertical) and layout card
  • added addons that do not require this framework to be updated
  • added defaults to the header and moved some code around (hopefully this fixes or lessens the NoneType errors)
  • fixed and or added lot of details in the addons documentation
  • small bugfixes

How to update:

I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of at least the files and folders mentioned below!
To update the HKI framework you can copy the entire repo and replace/overwrite all the old files with the exception of the following 3 things

• /homekit-infused/user/
  • configuration.yaml
  • customize.yaml
  • secrets.yaml

All other files should be copied and replace your existing ones. IF there are additional things to do I will mention this in the update notes! Please make absolutely sure you don’t copy any of the above since they can overwrite very important key settings!

HKI Framework 3.0.5

Changes:

• Changed and cleaned up device_counter groups and renamed a bunch of them (see update notes below !important)
  • Fixed device_counter automations (this should fix the NoneType error), special thanks to Hassan for fixing this!
  • The auto-fill sensor addon now uses the same button template as switches and lights.
  • Removed unnecessary or unused automations, groups and sensors
  • Added new documentation on notifications and device counters
  • Added support for 4 new vacuum addons
  • Added support for the unraid docker container monitor addon
  • Added more options for the light popup cards, these will work on both the auto-fill addons as the single buttons
    • You can now change the preset colors inside light popups
    • You can now force a slider or a button
    • You can now change the slider/button height (useful for smaller screens or 16:9 aspect_ratios)
    • See the documentation of the relevant addon for all the new options!
  • For the people that are interested, you can now find my personal setup on the repo, it might bring you some ideas or inspiration. See the first post for links
  • Small Bugfixes

How to update:

I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of at least the files and folders mentioned below!
To update the HKI framework you can copy the entire repo and replace/overwrite all the old files with the exception of the following 4 things

/homekit-infused/user/
configuration.yaml
customize.yaml
secrets.yaml

All other files should be copied and replace your existing ones.

Additional things to do:

• Replace your device_counters.yaml file by the one from my repo (this has changed and MUST be updated) and update it with your own entities. Easiest way to do this is to backup/rename your file and then copy over the groups you had.

The following ONLY applies if you’ve used any of the device_counter entities (e.g. as a badge in a button or in the subtitle of a header). If you haven’t configured this in the past you can skip this!

• If you have used ANY of these counter entities inside of the buttons you MUST check that the groups you’ve used still exists! Some of the groups have been removed and keeping these groups inside your config will stop rendering the buttons.
  • If you have used ANY of these counter entities inside of the header_config.yaml, you MUST check that the group you’ve used still exists! Some of the groups have been removed and keeping these groups inside your config will stop rendering the buttons.
  • In most cases, probably the only sensor used was the sensor.current_sensors_on which is now merged into sensor.current_binary_sensors_on. Use this group instead. But check all the available groups here (https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/blob/cd0153d1df4fa6433551f8d084809ed19cc47921/docs/addons/device_counters.md)
  • If you have edited either of the two addons above to use these counters and you can’t figure out why it isn’t working anymore, I will suggest deleting both addons and redownload them from the repo (https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/blob/cd0153d1df4fa6433551f8d084809ed19cc47921/docs/addon_list.md) and simply start adding them again. This isn’t a long and/or hard process so you should be fine!

HKI Framework 3.1.0

*Let the themes be mine!

We are going super super fast today and after the release of 3.0.5 earlier today I was going like a train and decided to finish up what I had planned for v3.1.0. So here we are 3.1.0 already!!!

Changes:

• If you haven’t updated to 3.0.5 yet, then please do that first before updating to 3.1.0 (the 3.0.5 update requires more work than updating to 3.1.0)
  • Fixed a bug where double tapping a light would show the default popup instead of the user customised one
  • The about and ha settings menu included in HKI now have the correct colors when switching themes
  • Reworked all addons to support themes, some addons might require you to update them before the new theme settings will work on them, they will however continue to work without the update.
  • Reworked the theme files to have a dedicated user section. You no longer have to copy the themes folder in future updates to avoid breaking user config
  • Removed 2 button templates
  • Below a list of all the new things you can set in the theme files (open /themes/theme_name.yaml to start editing):
    • The background image
    • The header text color
    • The header font size
    • The header font weight
    • The subtitle text color
    • The subtitle font size
    • The subtitle font weight
    • The title text color
    • The title text font size
    • The title text font weight
    • The border radius
    • The box shadow
    • The bar card border radius
    • The font family
    • The name font size
    • The name font weight
    • The label font size
    • The label font weight
    • The state font size
    • The state font weight
    • The badge font size
    • The badge font weight
    • The badge text transform
  • Below a list of all the separate addons that got updated, you should update these addons in your setup, however they’ll continue to work if you don’t:
    • Calendar Card
    • Map Card
    • Simple Weather Card
    • Waste Collection Card
    • Weather Card (animated)

WARNING: Breaking Change

• Because of the removal of one of the button templates the battery addon MUST be updated if you already have it in your setup. HKI will NOT start if you don’t!

ALL other addons are within the HKI Framework and do not need to be updated manually. If you did not use any of the 5 mentioned cards above you can simply ignore this. You can find documentation on theming on the addon list page.

How to update:
To update the HKI framework you can copy the entire repo and replace/overwrite all the old files with the exception of the following 4 things

/homekit-infused/user/
configuration.yaml
customize.yaml
secrets.yaml

All other files should be copied and replace your existing ones.

If you use the battery addon, do NOT forget to update this (sure you should update the other addons as well, but the battery addon is

Homekit Infused 3.1.1

*Help this project if you want by doing PR’s to the repo with your own built addons!
*please try to refrain yourself from sending me addon codes and such, it is busy enough maintaining the main addons. If you want your addon to be published to this repo do a proper PR! also try to refrain yourself from asking me questions in private, asking it in a public channel will also help other people. Answering your questions in a public channel prevents people asking me the same question over and over if you get what I mean!

Changes:

• Fixed HKI Settings for showing/hiding the view selectors (previously this was bugged)
  • Fixed view selectors (they were bugged before)
  • Added options to color the navigation button icon (this was previously only possible with the switch/light/sensor button)
  • Fixed the alarm popup text (it says ‘alarm options’ instead of ‘alarm opties’ now)
  • Added 4 custom user views https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/blob/6f25dfa5e662e11e3ba0b5d24720ddae0b38e3b0/docs/addons/custom-views.md
  • Added picture_entity options for all buttons
  • Fixed light-devices grid (it had erroneous code for years, it never occured to me until I started changing grids :joy: )
  • Added new default grid for all buttons and tweaked icons/entity_pictures and the thermostat buttons so they are placed at the same corner of the card (previously the thermostat was slightly lower than an entity_picture, and both of them much higher than an icon was). They should now work nicely together if you mix and match icons/thermostats and entity_pictures!

How to update:
I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of your current setup (as you should always do).

From now on most updates will be very easy unless I mention it in this section of the notes, starting from HKI 3.1.0 and onwards you can simply download the update package and just copy/paste/overwrite! No need for any additional steps!!! Easy huh?

Get the update package from here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/raw/updates/update.v3.1.1.zip

You can find update paths for each version here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/tree/updates/

Homekit Infused 3.1.2

Changes:

• Fixed button templates
  • Fixed Nvidia/Android TV remote control
  • Added tons of new options to the remote control, refer to the docs for more info
  • Added 4 extra custom views, which makes a total of 8 (which makes a total of 35 views that you can freely manipulate) (warning, any custom settings you had in the custom_view_header_config has been reset)
  • People that prefered the lower icon placement of previous versions, if you place the single button addons, do NOT add a grid, this will bring back the older look/feel of HKI.
  • Small Bugfixes

How to update:
I will first stress out that you will have to make a backup of your current setup (as you should always do).

You can find update packages from and to each version here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/tree/updates/

Homekit Infused 3.2.0

Changes:

• The HA Settings view now has a system monitor
  • The HA Settings view now has over 14 new buttons with new options
  • The HA Settings view now shows the current installed HA version number
  • The HA Settings button is now hidden from the menu for all non administrators, non administrators will see a profile button instead
  • The HA Settings button now shows the current installed version of HA
  • The About button now shows the current installed version of HKI (it will still show update when an update is available)
  • The Auto Fill Camera addon has more options now (thanks to @richtiger)
  • Added a modified version of the dark dwainstheme color scheme (with the courtesy of @dwains)
  • Added a modified version of the light dwainstheme color scheme (with the courtesy of @dwains)
  • Added a lot more options to the title-text addon
  • Added missing name documentation to the (animated) weather addon
  • Slimmed down all button template codes (button-card code is almost slashed in half)
  • Slimmed down HKI automations (it now takes 25% of the original code, thanks to @hassan)
  • The navigation button can now light up (like a light button does) when a certain state is matched, you can also assign a toggle to the hold_action so it can double as a navigation button and a switch
  • Grid is now available as an option for all the addons that previously didn’t support grid (the notes from the previous version mentioned this, however it was not working. This is now fixed)
  • The grids have been simplified for user friendlyness, if you want to have a custom grid you will have to copy a template and set it up as a custom user template. The addons no longer support custom grids.
  • Grids can now be selected by just changing the properties name (see the specific addons documentation)
  • Grids can be integrated into HKI very quickly, so if you have a desire for a different type of grid send it to me and I’ll add it to the list (this takes a few seconds for me to add and I will push any custom grid to the repo with the upcoming updates).
  • The HKI 2.x grid style can now be used as an option (this is useful for people that prefer the old icon placement)
  • Added system monitor in the default package (if you already have the HA system monitor sensor you must remove that from your setup)
  • Added HA version sensor (if you already have the version_current sensor, you must remove that from your setup)
  • Added (hopefully temporary) workaround for the non working color_wheel in HA 0.115.x, it’s still in the same place though it requires an extra button press (srry but this was out of my hands)
  • Bugfixes (as always :P)

BREAKING CHANGE

The grids have been changed and therefor will crash lovelace if you have any grid of the previous versions of the addons. Basically every button has a grid and you should get rid of those lines (or change it to the new format).
The old format was !include ../../../base/includes/light-devices-grid.yaml, the new format is light-devices-grid. For now there are 4 grids to choose from namely:

default-hki-grid # this is the default HKI grid
light-devices-grid # this is the default HKI grid for lights and devices
old-hki-grid # this is the old HKI grid
old-light-devices-grid # this is the old HKI lights and devices grid

Not selecting a grid on any of the buttons will always select the default-hki-grid for you!

How to update:

You can find update paths for each version here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/tree/updates/

Homekit Infused 3.2.1

*a very small release this time

Changes:

• Auto-fill devices addon has been fixed (was broken in 3.2.0)
  • I forgot to add that you need to to download state-switch in the last version (you probably already have this but I still wanted to mention it)

How to update:

1 Like

HKI 3.3.0

Changes:

• Merged some settings to packages (read breaking changes below)
  • Added cooling state to the current_climate_entities_on group, climate devices that are cooling are now also counted as ‘on’ (thanks to @righteousbs)
  • Fixed Sweet Pink theme statusbar color
  • Fixed opacity for the navigation button (this was changed accidentally in the last update)
  • Added Orange Darkness theme (beta phase, needs some tweaking on the backend side)
  • Fixed button text in HA settings view on some buttons, fixed duplicate keys on others
  • Added version sensor to monitor latest HA version
  • Added card to show if your HA is up to date (find this card in the HA Settings view)
  • Added a new addon that show a quick status of door/window/motion/smoke sensors and also persons (see documentation)
  • Added new custom button card addon (this is the same as the other buttons but with full customization options, see documentation)
  • Revert latest automation change (apparently this change brought back the noneType errors)
  • Removed old calendar-card and replaced with the new Home Assistant core one, please check the documentation (this card will deprecate over time, remove it before it does)
  • Removed more-info-card as a requirement for the button and autofilling addons
  • Added tablet enhancements (for this to work you must create a user named ipad, tablet or browser). When logged in as any of these, instead of showing the logged in user in the footer text it now shows the time and date.
  • The traffic view has gotten an update and is no longer user customizable. Since not really much people use this I’ve decided to give you a fixed traffic view with the traffic addon (no configuration required!)
  • Bugfixes

BREAKING CHANGES:
The following things have been moved to the packages (this is mainly to make new installs easier), this however means some elements will break if you don’t fix them.
You MUST remove the following entries in configuration.yaml

• Remove the date_time sensor in its entirety (you have set this up when installing HKI for the first time)
  • Remove the alarm_control_panel code (you have set this up when installing HKI for the first time)
  • Remove the browser_mod line
  • Remove the themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes/ line
  • Remove the lovelace dashboard settings and replace it with the code below:
lovelace:
  mode: storage

*note: you can safely remove the ../user/views/traffic/ folder since this is no longe used
*note: if you have changed the Sweet Pink theme with custom settings, please make a backup of the user settings part! Or copy replace everything below the user settings!

How to update:

Homekit Infused 3.4.0
*A very large update this time, please take your time for this one!

Changes:

• Fixed color on the home assistant update card (in the HA Settings view), this would not be readable on light themes
  • Fixed warnings in the Orange Darkness theme
  • Fixed colors in sensor auto-filling addons (this would show colors meant for the battery addon, update your addons!)
  • Fixed battery autofill addon, the code for this has changed update your addons!
  • Added new variables to all themes, you are now able to set a customised shadow for the header, a button-on color and a button-on box-shadow (see breaking changes)
  • Added option to show all views as a layout-view (which is the way views are currently handled in HKI) or a standard panel view (how lovelace would handle a panel view) (see instructions below)
  • Added custom version of layout-card (this is v16, but modified which fixes some sizing issues on v16 thanks to @giuliandenicola) (see breaking changes)
  • ALL gap cards have been removed from both the Framework as well as from the addons.
  • ALL addons have been updated since gap-card is no longer used, update your addons! (see breaking changes)
  • Added mini-graph-card in a popup (as seen in HKI v2), the auto-fill addon has extra options for this (see auto-fill sensor documentation)
  • Added light-entity-card (this is working again and is now a requirement for the auto-filling light addon) (see breaking changes)
  • The map is now a default card of the HKI Framework, this means you can no longer edit the location view (and can safely remove the folder from the user views), please comment if you like this change or if it should be reverted in the next update!
  • Restyled the HKI Settings view, this should look slightly better now
  • Tweaked some themes slightly (you will probably not even notice :P)
  • Added loads of new smartthings icons to the images folder for you to use
  • A lot of small bugfixes

BREAKING CHANGES WARNING BIG UPDATE WARNING BREAKING CHANGES

Layout-card: (This change will not break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
Remove this from HACS and make sure you remove the /www/community/lovelace-layout-card/ folder! Restart Home Assistant and copy layout-card from the update package. Then restart again!!
For this to have any effect it can take a while before you see it. Clearing cache would be the fastest way (ctrl+f5 is not enough!) or running an incognito window. Running an incognito window after installing this is advised to be sure if it is working or not. If it doesn’t work it will give you a big red error!
You can still use layout-card v13, though v16 fixes a few issues regarding window sizing on the desktop and it also fixes the horizontal slide on mobile phones. Press F12 in your browser to see the version number of layout-card. You should have 1.3.1 (clear cache to be sure!).

Themes: (This change will not entirely break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
Copy the entire themes folder from my repo (this will overwrite the theme user settings, and is the fastest and easiest way. If you had any custom settings setup you will have to do this again!

Light Entity Card: (This change will not entirely break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
The color wheel is back and this time it is going to be the light-entity-card making it’s return from a long time no see (HKI used the more-info-card for quite a while now). This card will complement the light-popup card and is now a requirement to show the color-wheel inside of the popup.
Make sure to install light-entity-card from HACS and add the resources (or check again here https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/blob/1aa61a7f913fc174eceb3c7cc22f91bb3a7dc661/docs/addons/auto-fill-lights-card.md)

Gap Cards: (This change will not break your current setup, though it is advised to update all code for the future)
Gap Cards have been removed entirely from the Framework and all addons. By default no gaps will be displayed except for the hardcoded stuff inside the framework. No gaps is the default lovelace behavior.
There is a better way to display gaps then to create a stack and 2 gap cards for each card or group of cards by doing it through CSS. Please read the documentation https://github.com/jimz011/homekit-infused/blob/1aa61a7f913fc174eceb3c7cc22f91bb3a7dc661/docs/addons/gap-card.md

Extra Info:
One of the requested features was to be able to dynamically change the views depending on window size and such, I love the idea but it would make the setup unnecessary complicated for people that don’t need these features and would add clutter to the current structure of HKI. I do however want to cater to those who seek more freedom on how views are created and as such I have added options to disable the standard hardcoded layout-cards on a per view basis.
This will allow people to add their own layout-card config and/or use panel views.
All views have an advanced mode added to them, turning on advanced mode will switch the default layout-view to a standard HA panel view, you could then rearrange the view entirely how you’d want with layout-cards or state-switches (e.g. have a different cards show up when accessing on a phone, tablet or desktop).
Since these features are advanced and will be best catered by the experienced HA users I won’t make documentation on this.
People that do not need this but do use the auto fill addons on either the light or devices view should set these two views to ‘advanced’ in the HKI settings.
For the people that do want the advanced features you can enable this per view in the HKI settings menu. For great reference to do some advanced stuff you should take a look here https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-layout-card and here https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-state-switch

How to update:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Homekit Infused 3.4.1

Changes:

• Fixed layout not adding cards horizontally on larger screens when using mod-cards
  • Revert button-card button-on-icon-color value, this would break the ability for the icons to have the color depending on the actual color of the light

How to update:

#1000 woot