Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

I still think it is weird though. It is also not something that HKI blocks (since well it is just a wrapped lovelace loop).

Just something crazy, but did you use the HA app or a browser on your phone? Maybe try both to see what happens?

I already try this, result is the same.

What you could try is to disable the addons and use custom_cards (this might work or might not).

(#HKI 4 ONLY, if people are reading this)

create a folder inside your views folder with the exact same name as your view (in your case probably media) and create a file with whatever filename.yaml

Then paste all the code you have from custom in that file (starting from the first horizontal-stack in your current custom: addon, so do not copy the title part). Remove all the code below custom: and rename custom: to custom_cards: and restart. This just disables most features of HKI on that view (you won’t see the difference though) and gives you a more classic YAML style view (you can also reload lovelace instead of restarting when using this method).

If that doesn’t work either I really wouldn’t know and you might have to ask in the button-card thread.

I will try this and I will report back.

thx for help

You might want to read up here:

(Once again for readers, this is for HKI 4 ONLY)

And don’t worry it says custom_cards will be removed in the future, but it won’t. It has been renamed for HKI 5, but other than that you can still continue to use it. And tbh, in your case it is probably the better option since you can reload lovelace.

In my opinion the custom addon is more suitable for single cards or smaller card projects, since you want to heavily customize your card (which I encourage btw) I think this is the better option (unless you want to use HKI addons on the same page).

Result is the same.

I will try to ask on button-card thread.

Thx

Keep doing great work :slight_smile:

Sorry I couldn’t help you any further. You may help yourself by getting HKI 5 though.

I haven’t made big announcements yet, but it is already available (and yes it is 99,9% the same as the release version will be). I might adjust a file here and there but nothing breaking. It has been rewritten from the ground up, has over 200+ new features over HKI 4, 2 master themes that can be changed in real-time has more addons and less than half of the codebase of HKI 4. Oh and did I mention that you can re-order addons AND use a multitude of the same addon on a single view (whereas HKI 4 always has fixed placements and an addon can only be used on a view once?).

Enjoy!

Here are some screenshots of HKI 5

1 Like

Looks great and installed easily (HKI 5) but I would like to localize it if possible. That seems like a hard task since notifications and titles are spread thoughout multiple files. Any chance for language packages?

Well notifications are entirely created by the user, so localizing it would server no purpose (since there is nothing I can localize). The only two things that can be localized is the profile menu buttons (and buttons only since the rest is user created). The second thing that can be localized is the frontend notification saying Good Evening (but I figured that creating a localization just for those 4 phrases would be too much of a hassle). HKI did have localization a long time ago, but the nature of HKI 5 is that users create their dashboards themselves this includes titles and such. Also the HKI settings are only available for admins and is hardly used once it has been setup. So I didn’t feel the need to do that (as it is a lot of work to localize stuff in lovelace) it would have been easier if I used an actual custom component, but that would make customizing HKI very very hard.

HKI 5 is now a packaged release (EARLY ACCESS).

The final version might be this exact version or minor changes to it. Stay tuned for the videos that will drop next week together with the public release!

For anyone that can’t wait (and tbh, why would you?) You can get HKI 5 below!

1 Like

The second beta/early access has been released.

HKI 5 third and probably last beta/EA before release, people eager to try it can already get it below!

Keep track of this thread for some videos this week!

1 Like

I have problem with card-mod and greeting in HIK 5.

I installed latest HIK 5 2022.3.0c and latest card-mod.

And when I refresh couple times error is sometime gone and I see in greeting only this:

pic3

I try in markdown card and is all there:

pic4

The greeting is only a single line. Errors with cards are usually related to cache. So clear cache. If it doesnt work reinstall card mod and make absolutely sure that it is located in your resources as well as card tools.

You shouldn’t see more than this.

I’ll give it a try. it’s just weird that this happens on all devices.

Where then I can see other stuff I configured in config.yaml?

profile:
    markdown: >
      **{{ states('sensor.greeting') }} {{ user|capitalize }}**

{{ state_attr('sensor.pretty_date', 'week_day') }}, {{ states('sensor.pretty_date') }}

The weather is {{ states('weather.home')|capitalize }}

Outside temperature: {{ state_attr('weather.home', 'temperature') }}℃

I try on mutiple devices and result is the same like this:
video_card_mod

I have cleared cache uninstalled card-mod, restarted ha, installed card-mod back, restartet ha and then try.

Please go over all your addons again and make sure that everything is listed under dashboards > resources. Dont miss one (e.g. if config template card is not installed it might also throw this error.

Reinstalling swipe card should solve this issue.

I already checked this, error still persist.

Today I noticed that error says custom:mod-card is this correct? Or must be custom:card-mod?

mod-card

I dig little dipper and I figured out that this card have problem:
01 (1)

As you can see error hepends on refresh, but on some of my devices not hepend often and not disturbing. On iphone 6 and ipad 3 mini happens every time I restart or refresH(I can’t get it to work at all).